Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Questions about setting up Arcturus Emulator 1.11.0

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello to all,
Thanks for taking time to read my post in the first place :p:

I am triying to set up Arcturus in local host and I am stuck. Its the first time I do something like this..

1- I have instaled xampp and activated php and mysql.

2 - I downloaded ArcturusEmulator_1.11.0.zip from this website

3- I installed the datatabase provided in the file 1.11.0.sql via phpmyadmin

4- I executed the emulator and everithing seems to conect..

What now? Wich swfs do i have to download and from where? once i download the swfs where do i have to put them in public html and how do i point the emulator to them? is it posible tu run it without a cms?

I have tried to follow this tutorial but the links are broken and i would prefer to not use a cms:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f335/hotel-arcturus-emulator-braincms-1135433/
why do I have to download 2 diferent swfs?
could someone explane me the difference between - Arcturus SWFs - Arcturus HabboSWF and how to find the last versions?

Another unrelated question.. Is it posible to run arcturus in linux? would everithing work as fine as in windows?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my worse english!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Hope someone is willing to sacrifice some of their time and help us making a detailed noob friendly guide for setting up retro using arcturus.

I have only once succesfully set up a running localhost retro with the help of this guide

With Arcturus I don't even know where to begin. Like you said in that specific guide the download links are broken and it's just a complete mess to even begin understanding what files I need and where I can get them.

Would also really appreciate and benefit from the help.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do I need just that swf? could you please make a noob friendly tutorial that explanes how to set up a Arctutus emu?
Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm using this: http://forum.ragezone.com/f335/hotel-arcturus-emulator-braincms-1135433/ tutorial. I thought I did everything right this time but when I run start.bat I get this in my command prompt looping for a while until it pauses.

[[1m[32mLOADING[0m] Configuration Manager -> Loaded![main] INFO com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource - HikariPool-1 - Starting...[main] INFO com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource - HikariPool-1 - Start completed.[[1m[32mLOADING[0m] Database -> Connected! (300 MS)[[1m[32mLOADING[0m] Loading configuration from database...Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.util.Hashtable.containsKey(Unknown Source)
at com.eu.habbo.core.ConfigurationManager.getValue(ConfigurationManager.java:152)
at com.eu.habbo.core.ConfigurationManager.getBoolean(ConfigurationManager.java:181) at com.eu.habbo.core.ConfigurationManager.getBoolean(ConfigurationManager.java:165) at com.eu.habbo.core.Logging.logErrorLine(Logging.java:269)

Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.StackOverflowErrorat java.util.Hashtable.containsKey(Unknown Source)
at com.eu.habbo.core.ConfigurationManager.getValue(ConfigurationManager.java:152)
at com.eu.habbo.core.ConfigurationManager.getBoolean(ConfigurationManager.java:181) at com.eu.habbo.core.ConfigurationManager.getBoolean(ConfigurationManager.java:165)
at com.eu.habbo.core.Logging.logErrorLine(Logging.java:269)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok so fortunately I was able to figure out what my previous problem was and actually got the emulator running but now when I type in localhost to my browser it just shows me directory listing.

How do I access the habbo retro page? Thanks.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is there an error in my braincms config? I'm feeling very unsure about the swfFolder and swfFolderSwf.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Noob Friendly Tutorial:

- Download and install Java 8
- Download Arcturus Emulator zip file:
- Install MySQL and import the database from the emulator zip.
- Edit config.ini to use the correct database, 99% of the time just leave game host and port as is.
- Download and install CMS on a webserver of your choice.
- Download any SWF pack (>2013).
- Download the Habbo.swf I provided here:
- Configure your CMS correctly to use the Habbo.swf I provide.
- Configure all your external_variables. Empty your override variables file.
- To run the emulator on WINDOWS click start.bat or on LINUX java use java -jar /path/to/jar

If the emulator starts, but the client doesn't load it is a CMS issue (as long as canyouseeme.org says the emulator can be reached).
If the emulator throws errors you didn't import the database properly. NAVICAT won't work. Either use PHPMyAdmin or use the MySQL Command Line Interface (CLI)
If the client stays white you didn't configure the CMS properly. Most common errors are; SWF missing / incorrect path, javascript and / or CSS files missing, typo in the clientvariables
If the client loads but stays on 76% there is an issue with connection to the emulator. Either the SSO ticket isn't set properly by the CMS or see point 1.

If it doesn't work, you're doing something wrong.

Upvote 0
Back