Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

revcms mysqli help

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, both mysql and mysqli versions of revcms works on xampp (with php 5.3) but whenever I upload them to my domain, the mysqli version gives this error no matter what php version I use (even 5.3).

Code:
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The mySQL version works just fine.

Namecheap support helped me narrow it down to the htaccess, and it's this line that's throwing the error - "RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)(|/)$ index.php?url=$1" - but, it works with the mysql version... and if I remove it, then it obviously makes the site not work, as /index, or /community etc, isn't found..

Would anyone know what's going on? Or how I could fix it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't really know what causes that but theres few things you could try.

First check if it's working on your servers localhost.

Check that nothing else on your server is using port 80, e.g. IIS or skype which are commonly installed besides xammp.

Also check your firewall settings, so that port 80 is open.

Also you could try googling for it yourself or atleast try googling where you can find some (error)log files that could have some more info on your problem.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
if the mysql version is working, try using its .htaccess and/or web.config in the mysqli version

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't really know what causes that but theres few things you could try.
It works on localhost using xampp with php 5.3 and 7..
It's only happening when I try to use it on my domain.
There's no errors in error_log.

if the mysql version is working, try using its .htaccess and/or web.config in the mysqli version
Tried this, but same results (they're the same anyway). :-(
I've tried so many things.

At first it wasn't working on localhost, I'd get the same internal error, but after uninstalling xampp (with php 7), reinstalling, making and using a new database (instead of using one made with xampp with php 5.3) it started to work - so I repeated the steps on my website but still no luck. It sucks D:

Upvote 0
Back