Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Possible to run two hotels on same dedicated server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello,

Is it possible to run two hotels on the same dedicated server? If yes, how ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ofcourse this is possible.

Just make another website in IIS on another port, and set it up with youre emulator on another port. make sure u use a different DB

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Then you should download another xampp, and check how to change the apache port in xampp on google. Simple as that!

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You can edit the configs so one runs on 80 and one runs on 81 for example?

So two xampp installs on different's folders on install or ? How can i get the domain to point to one and another to the other one then?

Yea, run two instances of apache on the same port. How the hell is he going to do that? --"

Download IIS, it is much better and secure then xampp.

IIS is hard.... I will try to look at it later when i get home

Upvote 0
www.Epic Hosts.co.uk
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why would you run two instances of a web server? You can run two hotels on the same web server by just simply making a new folder in the htdocs and using vhosts ( ) to link the necessary domain to the new hotel on Apache/XAMPP, or by making a new site on IIS manager

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Haha it's all good. Just hopefully the OP will see such and not go through the efforts of making a whole new web server.

Thanks! I think i know to do it now, maybe.

And yes, two dedicated servers are not cheap, so this will save money and time, of having a R63A and R63B on same server.

Upvote 0
www.Epic Hosts.co.uk
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Let us know with any updates you have and if you manage to do it, otherwise reply and support will continue :): Otherwise please let us know when your thread is solved. Many thanks!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back