Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stupid Question!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey Zoners!

This is gonna be stupid questions but what Laravel?

I see Major Hotels using it like Boon, Fresh (I think)

I know its PHP Framework

Would this be good to learn PHP to start from scratch?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey Zoners!

This is gonna be stupid questions but what Laravel?

I see Major Hotels using it like Boon, Fresh (I think)

I know its PHP Framework

It's basically the authentication, sessions, routing, and caching code done for you. Makes it easy for a developer to get straight to work on the fun stuff instead of coding all that from scratch.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Laravel forces you to work in a certain way, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who you ask.

You could greatly benefit from the speed of developing a website. A lot of common parts, say authentication, permissions, templating, routing are already done in packages for you so easy to plug it into a project.

There are a bunch of laracasts (Videotutorials) available which help you get started with laravel.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Considering the amount of resources out there for Laravel, learning it is not going to be a problem for you. However, if you're doing this only to learn php you're probably going to want to reconsider as all the basic stuff is already done for you. Learn Laravel if you want to learn how typical web frameworks work.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So I'm bumping this tread. Because I need assistance with Laravel and Javascript! So I completed the Index Page of cms.

you can see that here [URL="
Glee - Stupid Question! - RaGEZONE Forums

So I got it start as I have this code:

PHP:
<div id="footer-content" class="partner-logo-present">
<div id="footer">
                 @ include('inc.footer')
</div>

Which pulls from the inc folder and the footer.blade.php Fantastic I got that down packed now I got some basic Javascript complete BUT NOW I'M STUCK WITH REGISTRATION part of the javascript!!

When I click the JOIN NOW button it will not move over the registration page I created!!

When I click on the Tell Me More button the last 2 image move up and down to show me the Tell me more story.

I created the registration.blade.php but I want to use the myurl.dev/#registration I have watch plenty of Laracast video but I'm stumped.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Laravel is one of the better (but bigger) PHP frameworks available that provides the very basics of everything you need along with a reliable folder-structure so you can actually code the things users want faster.

As for the question above, the only way to use /registration outside of Javascript options would be to add it as a different route with an <a href="">

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Laravel is one of the better (but bigger) PHP frameworks available that provides the very basics of everything you need along with a reliable folder-structure so you can actually code the things users want faster.

As for the question above, the only way to use /registration outside of Javascript options would be to add it as a different route with an <a href="">

But wouldn’t I need it as a JavaScript though because its intertwine with index page because I’m creating it as the older Habbo theme.

When I go to boon it has #registration but couldn’t that be atler using .htaccess?

What I have in my web.php

PHP:
Route::get(‘registration’, function () {
           Return view (‘registration’);
});

Upvote 0
Reaction score
But wouldn’t I need it as a JavaScript though because its intertwine with index page because I’m creating it as the older Habbo theme.

When I go to boon it has #registration but couldn’t that be atler using .htaccess?

What I have in my web.php

PHP:
Route::get(‘registration’, function () {
           Return view (‘registration’);
});
That's because Boon uses the index and register connected with Javascript; not PHP. I suppose I don't understand the question.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You can simply create a new post route for /register that goes to your UserController or whatever to handle registration. You do not need a view for register, simply put the registration form in your index/login page and set the form action="/register" and remember method="post"

So you fill out the registration form in your login page, but the data gets sent to your registration route.

Regarding the images moving when you click the button. It's not related to Laravel, you will probably have to sort it out with css. To get the #register thing look up html anchor points.

If you want to test routes without views, the common tool that everyone uses now a days is

Upvote 0
Back