Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tanji - NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Reaction score
Hi guys, it's me again hehe

Been using Tanji for packetlogging for quite a while now, so I'm pretty familiar with how to use it.

Started it up today again (I have v1.4.20.0), connected, and I receive the following error when entering Habbo's website:

pEmcDhB - Tanji - NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID - RaGEZONE Forums

It's basically saying stuff like my connection is not private, attackers are possibly trying to steal my details blahblah NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. When I enter another website while being connected, for example google, it shows the same message.

There is no way for me to ignore this message and proceed anyway. I receive the same error in Firefox, not in IE or Edge, Tanji just hangs on those browsers.

Somebody also got this error? Or somebody knows how to fix it? Or maybe an alternative tool?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Latest chrome update requires the certificates to have a SAN(Subject Alt Name), as it no longer falls back to the CN. Eavesdrop doesn't add this attribute because unfortunately makecert.exe does not support SANs. I've been updating Eavesdrop to use the BouncyCastle API instead, which luckily has SAN support. I'll probably push out a Tanji update later today, or tomorrow.
More info about chrome changes:

I didn't end up diagnosing the problem it was having with IE/Edge, so I just gave up when it didn't load(low tier browsers anyways).

As for people that didn't know, Firefox requires that you import the root CA into the browser itself.
  1. Tanji > "Export Root Certificate" (Might end up in Tanji directory)
  2. Firefox > Options > Advanced > Certificates > "View Certificates" > Select Authorites Tab > "Import..."
  3. Profit

Edit: I've updated Tanji/Eavesdrop(breaking changes, so both got changed) for chrome support. I edited my last build of Tanji that I worked on(1.4.380), I don't think I ever publicly released it though. The current 1.4 series that you're using was not worked on by me, and was based off of my last public release(1.3.794?). There could be some changes/differences between the two, sorry if any extensions break...

Edit 2: Oh poop, destroy your old certificates just in case:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Latest chrome update requires the certificates to have a SAN(Subject Alt Name), as it no longer falls back to the CN. Eavesdrop doesn't add this attribute because unfortunately makecert.exe does not support SANs. I've been updating Eavesdrop to use the BouncyCastle API instead, which luckily has SAN support. I'll probably push out a Tanji update later today, or tomorrow.

I didn't end up diagnosing the problem it was having with IE/Edge, so I just gave up when it didn't load(low tier browsers anyways).

As for people that didn't know, Firefox requires that you import the root CA into the browser itself.
  2. Firefox > Options > Advanced > Certificates > "View Certificates" > Select Authorites Tab > "Import..."
  3. Profit

Edit: I've updated Tanji/Eavesdrop(breaking changes, so both got changed) for chrome support. I edited my last build of Tanji that I worked on(1.4.380), I don't think I ever publicly released it though. The current 1.4 series that you're using was not worked on by me, and was based off of my last public release(1.3.794?). There could be some changes/differences between the two, sorry if any extensions break...

Works flawless on Chrome now!

I tried to get it to work on Firefox just for testing purposes, it gives me errors when trying to import the certificate though.

UdIApM - Tanji - NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID - RaGEZONE Forums

Translated: This is not a certificateauthority-certificate (?), so it can't be imported into the certificateauthoritieslist.

Not a problem to me though, since it works great on Chrome, but I thought I'd report it anyways since you're the developer.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi guys, it's me again hehe

Been using Tanji for packetlogging for quite a while now, so I'm pretty familiar with how to use it.

Started it up today again (I have v1.4.20.0), connected, and I receive the following error when entering Habbo's website:

pEmcDhB - Tanji - NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID - RaGEZONE Forums

It's basically saying stuff like my connection is not private, attackers are possibly trying to steal my details blahblah NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. When I enter another website while being connected, for example google, it shows the same message.

There is no way for me to ignore this message and proceed anyway. I receive the same error in Firefox, not in IE or Edge, Tanji just hangs on those browsers.

Somebody also got this error? Or somebody knows how to fix it? Or maybe an alternative tool?

Yeah, I thought I was the only one! I opened mine today thinking, I'm sure I've always done it this way and never had this issue logging on or anything alike.

Thanks Arachis for updating! I have tested and works fine for the latest Habbo and latest version of Chrome!

Edit: Arachis By the way Arachis, when you release updates for Tanji, do you release the source or direct links to the executable. I've always downloaded the source and built it from there. Just wondering :):

Attachments

Upvote 0
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought I was the only one! I opened mine today thinking, I'm sure I've always done it this way and never had this issue logging on or anything alike.

Thanks Arachis for updating! I have tested and works fine for the latest Habbo and latest version of Chrome!

Edit: Arachis By the way Arachis, when you release updates for Tanji, do you release the source or direct links to the executable. I've always downloaded the source and built it from there. Just wondering :):
The source used to be on my GitHub page, and every time I would make a release I would add the binaries to the release notes/tag.

I haven't released an update in over a couple of months(probably a year) though. I've been wanting to finish porting it over to WPF to start updating it again but porting over the controls feels like a tedious process(constructer, scheduler, filters, modules).

I also don't really want to work on my 1.4 base code for future updates, since it's a bit on the messy side(2 years old). The WPF port is a long process though, since I usually give up just thinking about porting the services over.

Edit: I forgot to include something important in Eavesdrop, I suggest you replace the Eavesdrop.dll dependency with the one provided below.

You don't need to worry about this edit if you're barely about to download it from the mediafire link up top(I've updated it to include the new Eavesdrop.dll).

Edit 2: Last edit I promise, fixed the issue with being unable to import the root CA into Firefox:

Download either files for both of these fixes.

Edit 3: ... Don't forget to 'Destroy Signed Certificates' to get rid of that previous invalid root CA.

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Used Edge Navigator. Tanji is blocked on intercepting connexion
and client blocked in 75%

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

3. Profit

I don't get it.. I try to do this on chrome and firefox but for doing step 1 you need a file before import. Now my question is: What should i download exactly because i think i need to download a special file?

Upvote 0
Back