Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Trying to patch RC4 in Habbo SWF

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to remove the RC4 encryption from a (already cracked but not RC4 patched) Habbo.SWF file but the game client stays black and doesn't do anything.

I am following the following tutorial: . I use and closed-source emulator.

How does it not work? Is the guide not correct or do I need to edit the emulator or patch other things?

Thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Obviously no reply. I should have known that. Going to find out this weekend what the problem is. Pretty sure it's the tutorial.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The SWF must be for the revision that the emulator is using. You cant just use a newer revision as the headers wont match.

It's the same SWF but then with the encryption. I'm just trying to remove it so I can use it with an open-source emulator by editing the headers and structure.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to remove the RC4 encryption from a (already cracked but not RC4 patched) Habbo.SWF file but the game client stays black and doesn't do anything.

I am following the following tutorial: . I use and closed-source emulator.

How does it not work? Is the guide not correct or do I need to edit the emulator or patch other things?

Thanks in advance.

That guide is outdated and does not work with SWFS from this and previous year (atleast).

Upvote 0
Reaction score
The whole issue here is, You can run an swf with a closed source emulator.. Im confused at ur issue. Just download the open source u want and then download the production u want and update packets. Simple as that. Obv, You will need to recode some things for the stuff to work properly(Depending on production). My thing is, If you dont know alot about (using an open source) or (Editing an swf), Not a good idea to just freeplay. That why ur swf is now black. Youve already corrupted its data. That TUT is not to be used for the newer stuff (As said Joopie). For you, Just download arcturus and use it. Much simpler til you learn how to work on emu and swfs.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The whole issue here is, You can run an swf with a closed source emulator.. Im confused at ur issue. Just download the open source u want and then download the production u want and update packets. Simple as that. Obv, You will need to recode some things for the stuff to work properly(Depending on production). My thing is, If you dont know alot about (using an open source) or (Editing an swf), Not a good idea to just freeplay. That why ur swf is now black. Youve already corrupted its data. That TUT is not to be used for the newer stuff (As said Joopie). For you, Just download arcturus and use it. Much simpler til you learn how to work on emu and swfs.

This revision is from miles ago.....

what I basically want is to remove the RC4 encryption from the SWF to use it with an open source emulator - such as Butterfly r109 -. I tried to decompile Sukis emulator and edit the encryption and stuf like that, but it doesn't work, so that's why I want to remove it.

Upvote 0
Back