Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Bringing back the descriptions (furni and badges)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi!

For those who, like us at Dreuzel Hotel, love to keep the Habbo.swf up-to-date but miss the descriptions I'll explain how to re-add furni and badge descriptions back to the new Habbo.swf's. Some (basic) knowledge about Habbo UI Editor and ActionScript is required.

Let's start in the ActionScripts:
In the script HabboLocalizationManager search for the function getBadgeDesc(), you'll see it's returning an empty string. Replace the entire function with:
Code:
public function getBadgeDesc(param1:String) : String
      {
         var local1:Class_3194 = new Class_3194(param1);
         var local2:String = this.§_-5Th§(this.§_-1K8§(["badge_desc_" + param1,"badge_desc_" + local1.base]));
         this.registerParameter(local2,"limit","" + this.§_-sK§(param1));
         this.registerParameter(local2,"roman",this.§_-6ej§(local1.level));
         return this.getLocalization(local2);
      }

In the script FurnitureDataParser, search for param1.name,"" , you'll find it twice. Replace it twice with:
Code:
param1.name,param1.description

That's it for returning the descriptions, on to the layout! For the layout, we used Leensters Habbo UI Editor.

Replace the content of the layout file badge_details (habbo-1037.bin) with:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<layout name="badge_details" width="20" height="20" version="0.0">
  <window>
    <border x="87" y="53" width="263" height="99" params="0" style="0" name="test">
      <children>
        <text x="8" y="6" width="250" height="28" params="16" style="0" name="name" caption="">
          <variables>
            <var key="font_face" value="Volter Bold" type="String"/>
            <var key="font_size" value="9" type="uint"/>
            <var key="text_color" value="0x0" type="hex"/>
            <var key="embed_fonts" value="true" type="Boolean"/>
              <var key="word_wrap" value="true" type="Boolean"/>
          </variables>
        </text>
        <text x="8" y="33" width="250" height="60" params="16" style="0" name="description" caption="" clipping="false">
          <variables>
            <var key="font_face" value="Volter" type="String"/>
            <var key="font_size" value="9" type="uint"/>
            <var key="text_color" value="0x0" type="hex"/>
            <var key="embed_fonts" value="true" type="Boolean"/>
          </variables>
        </text>
      </children>
    </border>
  </window>
</layout>

In the layout file furni_view (habbo-2345.bin) search for:
Code:
<container x="0" y="209" width="170" height="1" params="16" style="0" name="owner_spacer" color="0xffff333333" background="true"/>
Above it, place:
Code:
<container x="0" y="158" width="170" height="1" params="16" style="0" name="description_spacer" color="0xffff333333" background="true"/>
	<text x="0" y="164" width="170" height="40" params="16" style="0" name="description_text" caption="Furni%20description">
		<variables>
			<var key="text_color" value="0xffffff" type="hex"/>
			<var key="mouse_wheel_enabled" value="false" type="Boolean"/>
			<var key="sharpness" value="0" type="Number"/>
			<var key="thickness" value="0" type="Number"/>
			<var key="kerning" value="false" type="Boolean"/>
			<var key="spacing" value="0" type="Number"/>
			<var key="leading" value="0" type="Number"/>
		</variables>
	</text>

That's it, your descriptions are back.

Keep in mind that the first ActionScript part may not be the same for the swf version you're using. This is written for PRODUCTION-201705161239-133590383, class names may be different: be aware of it!

For editing the ActionScripts we used JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler, this function is experimental but works.

It's not something huge, but hey, they removed something we all liked :*: .

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What editor you use to edit the actionscript? I've never managed to re-compile the Habbo.swf from its actionscript source...

JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler, the Edit ActionScript function is experimental but works for me. Should have mentioned that, added to main post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What editor you use to edit the actionscript? I've never managed to re-compile the Habbo.swf from its actionscript source...

Use FFDEC for decompiling swf, and recompiling debug , sorry for my bad english i'm french developer

JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler, the Edit ActionScript function is experimental but works for me.

At the same time I think so! Sorry mdr!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aye poop. Does it allow you to add new resources? Like add new images? You know. Something something snowstorm.

I really don't know, never tried. You would also have to re-add the packets and related classes (if I'm right)... Nevertheless, it's something interesting to look into.

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up too much, it throws errors when trying to edit most classes. :eek:tt1:

Yeah I figured it would just be an ASM interpreter and modify the frames on the fly.

I've been trying to recompile the client from scratch (That is AS3 source + FlexSDK) but never got past a black screen.

Imagine the possibilities of being able to recompile it from scratch. Pretty endless.

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Maybe u can put that in your changer ? Arachis
As you wish my lord:
Command: /desc

Why would they even stop it from showing up, like just don't update any new furni/badges with descriptions if you can't, but at least let the ones that already have descriptions still appear.

Thank you for the tutorial Superbomm, 11/10

Reaction score
As you wish my lord:

Why would they even stop it from showing up, like just don't update any new furni/badges with descriptions if you can't, but at least let the ones that already have descriptions still appear.

Thanks, this is useful! Superbomm
True, it was a cut cost measure I guess. Or they would give staff which were responsible for translations less work pressure since they also must handle call for help issues etc. They better let descriptions appear for furniture which need more information about it's usage like wired furniture.

Reaction score
As you wish my lord:

Thank you very much for that fast edit :) i appreciate it very much

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nice tutorial, I never would have figured this out myself :p:

Has there been any decent updates since after they removed the descriptions?

What I'm saying is, it looks like there's not been anything added that is worth updating to, and now since they have removed descriptions I can hardly understand why it's worth updating at all, so that's why I'm asking.

As you wish my lord:

Holy poop you're quick!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you! I guess what's missing now is the badge descriptions on Inventory:

LRFNgMX - Bringing back the descriptions (furni and badges) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice tutorial, I never would have figured this out myself :p:

Has there been any decent updates since after they removed the descriptions?

What I'm saying is, it looks like there's not been anything added that is worth updating to, and now since they have removed descriptions I can hardly understand why it's worth updating at all, so that's why I'm asking.

No, indeed, the only thing that's added and worth mentioning is the new :shake command. But I like to keep up-to-date, because it's easier to update from a release one week ago than a release a few months ago :p:

As you wish my lord:

Thanks for adding it! Makes updating again a bit easier :). Your changer is awesome btw!

Thank you! I guess what's missing now is the badge descriptions on Inventory:

Oops, only thought about the infostand and achievement window. I'll look into it :-D.

Edit: seems that the descriptions in the inventory are handled by an other funcion wich is completely removed from the BadgesView ActionScript... tried adding it again but it keeps returning the badge name instead of description.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
is it possible to remove the badge desc etc for old revisions because im trying to replace the getbadgedesc but it keeps giving me an error not allowing me to save the action script

Edit: No worries I sorted it :)

Last edited:
Back