Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to create Habbo Retro on XAMPP [R63B] [Plus Emulator]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys! I've seen a lot of new people asking how to create a 2016 hotel and I thought I'd help them. This tutorial is for noobs who just started creating habbo hotels.
Im going to use Sled's edited PlusEMU, a clean PlusEMU database and r63b with PRODUCTION-201604132204-637539863
Downloads: (you need everything)

XAMPP >>
Plus Emu 2016 >>
Database>>
Htdocs >>

Step 1:
Download all the files and place them on your desktop.

Step 2:
Install XAMPP and your editor.
Step 3:
Unpack htdocs.zip inside your htdocs folder

Step 4:
Go to /app/management/config.php and change YOURIP to your external ip. (you can find that on chickenip.com)
Also change pass to your password

Step 5:
Go to /swfs/gamedata/external_variables.txt and change YOURIP to your external ip.

Step 6:
go to /swfs/banner.php and change on line 58 pass to your password

Step 6b:
Go to /swfs/gamedata/override/external_override_variables.txt
Change tairovski.nl to your ip (I forgot to change that.)

Step 6c:
Go to /app/tpl/skins/martin/client.php and change the ip to yours (Forgot that to :p)

Step 7:
We're now done with htdocs. Open the emulator folder on your desktop and go to /emulator/bin/debug/config.ini
Change db.password to your password, change db.name to "Plus" and change all the ip adresses to your external ip except db.hostname.

Step 8:
go to localhost/phpmyadmin and click on databases.
Create a new database
Click on create.
Now click on import
Select the .sql file inside of the emulator folder.
If the file is to big, put it in a zip file and then upload it.

Step 9:
Port forwarding. This is different for every router.
Ports you need to open:
80, 30000 and 30001

And thats it! you got yourself a working habbo hotel! If i forgot something or its not working, please comment your problem. Thanks for reading and I'll be glad to help you guys.

Please dont spread the cms as it is mine and my friends. Thanks.

Quick troubleshoot:

Endless loading, Stuck at 78%:
Your client cant connect to your emulator. Check if CanYouSeeMe.org work with port 30000. Make sure your port-forwarded good. Also dont forget to change the ip in the client.php file

Black screen:
Check if you Correclly filled in External Vars and it has the same path as in config.php

White screen:
Check if Swfs folder is set correcly.
I can't see myself or other people in a room:
check this fix on retroripper. its in portugeuse but you can still follow along. scroll down till you find "avatar room fix."

Weird error in your emu:
Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region -> Change the date, time or number format -> Additional Settings -> Numbers -> Decimal Symbol. And if u got (,) then change that to (.). Thanks to DanielBlur for that!

No team page:
Yep I know, I'm lazy.

Housekeeping?:
Its located at /ase. Its not that advanced, but its something.

Super cool extra tip:
If your hotel doesn't connect at school, but does at home and your friends there house, change the connection port to 443. This port cant be blocked and will work 100 procent! (only use if your hotel works 100 procent and you know what you're doing)

Credits: ItsMeRomian - for copying his tutorial on devbest Sledmore - for the DB and Emu

If you have any problems setting up this tutorial add me on skype johnmarcois14

Goodluck ;D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for that guys didn't see :p
But links are now updated :)
Gl

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It really baffles me nobody has replied to this yet. I have hosted a r63b before, and wanted to play around again. So i went to the 'Habbo Quality Tutorials' section and found a tutorial for r63b there. While it went in detail about setting up a webserver and database, it failed to properly explain how to setup Habbo itself. It overlooked crucial settings in the external_variables ánd these files automaticly redirected you to some dead retro instead of your own hotel (That is, if you only followed that guys instructions).

With this tutorial however, a perfect hotel is created within minutes. THIS tutorial should be in 'Habbo Quality Tutorials' instead.

Thank you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It really baffles me nobody has replied to this yet. I have hosted a r63b before, and wanted to play around again. So i went to the 'Habbo Quality Tutorials' section and found a tutorial for r63b there. While it went in detail about setting up a webserver and database, it failed to properly explain how to setup Habbo itself. It overlooked crucial settings in the external_variables ánd these files automaticly redirected you to some dead retro instead of your own hotel (That is, if you only followed that guys instructions).

With this tutorial however, a perfect hotel is created within minutes. THIS tutorial should be in 'Habbo Quality Tutorials' instead.

Thank you!

Hey deemster, Thank you for your feedback sorry I don't have permission to post anything on Habbo Quality Tutorials and idk why.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can't find the ".sql" file when importing to database?? help quick :/

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys! I've seen a lot of new people asking how to create a 2016 hotel and I thought I'd help them. This tutorial is for noobs who just started creating habbo hotels.
Im going to use Sled's edited PlusEMU, a clean PlusEMU database and r63b with PRODUCTION-201604132204-637539863
Downloads: (you need everything)

XAMPP >>
Plus Emu 2016 >>
Database>>
Htdocs >>

Step 1:
Download all the files and place them on your desktop.

Step 2:
Install XAMPP and your editor.
Step 3:
Unpack htdocs.zip inside your htdocs folder

Step 4:
Go to /app/management/config.php and change YOURIP to your external ip. (you can find that on chickenip.com)
Also change pass to your password

Step 5:
Go to /swfs/gamedata/external_variables.txt and change YOURIP to your external ip.

Step 6:
go to /swfs/banner.php and change on line 58 pass to your password

Step 6b:
Go to /swfs/gamedata/override/external_override_variables.txt
Change tairovski.nl to your ip (I forgot to change that.)

Step 6c:
Go to /app/tpl/skins/martin/client.php and change the ip to yours (Forgot that to :p)

Step 7:
We're now done with htdocs. Open the emulator folder on your desktop and go to /emulator/bin/debug/config.ini
Change db.password to your password, change db.name to "Plus" and change all the ip adresses to your external ip except db.hostname.

Step 8:
go to localhost/phpmyadmin and click on databases.
Create a new database
Click on create.
Now click on import
Select the .sql file inside of the emulator folder.
If the file is to big, put it in a zip file and then upload it.

Step 9:
Port forwarding. This is different for every router.
Ports you need to open:
80, 30000 and 30001

And thats it! you got yourself a working habbo hotel! If i forgot something or its not working, please comment your problem. Thanks for reading and I'll be glad to help you guys.

Please dont spread the cms as it is mine and my friends. Thanks.

Quick troubleshoot:

Endless loading, Stuck at 78%:
Your client cant connect to your emulator. Check if CanYouSeeMe.org work with port 30000. Make sure your port-forwarded good. Also dont forget to change the ip in the client.php file

Black screen:
Check if you Correclly filled in External Vars and it has the same path as in config.php

White screen:
Check if Swfs folder is set correcly.
I can't see myself or other people in a room:
check this fix on retroripper. its in portugeuse but you can still follow along. scroll down till you find "avatar room fix."

Weird error in your emu:
Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region -> Change the date, time or number format -> Additional Settings -> Numbers -> Decimal Symbol. And if u got (,) then change that to (.). Thanks to @DanielBlur for that!

No team page:
Yep I know, I'm lazy.

Housekeeping?:
Its located at /ase. Its not that advanced, but its something.

Super cool extra tip:
If your hotel doesn't connect at school, but does at home and your friends there house, change the connection port to 443. This port cant be blocked and will work 100 procent! (only use if your hotel works 100 procent and you know what you're doing)

Credits: @ItsMeRomian - for copying his tutorial on devbest @Sledmore - for the DB and Emu

If you have any problems setting up this tutorial add me on skype johnmarcois14

Goodluck ;D

Unknown column 'seckey' in 'field list' Help please

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unknown column 'seckey' in 'field list' Help please

Step 1. Go to localhost/phpmyadmin.
Step 2. Select the database.
Step 3. Click on "SQL"
Step 4. Copy this :
ALTER TABLE `users` ADD `seckey` VARCHAR(999)
Step 5. Paste it into the box and click done.
Step 6. Create your habbo again

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

When I try to import the database.sql file into phpMyAdmin I get this error:

Error

SQL query:
-- ----------------------------
-- Table structure for `achievements`
IF EXISTS `achievements` ;

MySQL said:
#1046 - No database selected

Should I remove the achievements table? I followed the tutorial to the t and used the exact same database.sql as the OP provided. Help!

EDIT: I'm dumb - I didn't create the database before importing the database.sql file. Thanks for the excellent tutorial!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

When I try to import the database.sql file into phpMyAdmin I get this error:

Error

SQL query:
-- Table structure for `achievements`
IF EXISTS `achievements` ;

MySQL said:
#1046 - No database selected

Should I remove the achievements table? I followed the tutorial to the t and used the exact same database.sql as the OP provided. Help!

EDIT: I'm dumb - I didn't create the database before importing the database.sql file. Thanks for the excellent tutorial!

Hey there try running SET @@global.sql_mode= ''; on your query before you import if that doesn't work download Navicat for Mysql
And import the database there :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i keep getting kicked out d/c not sure why also all objects and the avatar are missing just invisible
how cna i fix it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i keep getting kicked out d/c not sure why also all objects and the avatar are missing just invisible
how cna i fix it?

Make sure you edit external variables and overrides

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when trying to load the retro I get

Not Found

The requested URL /retro/index was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have it uploaded to my webserver under the /retro/ directory because I have other stuff on that site. Check it out live if you want . Anyone know why?

It only says that once I connect to the DB, if I am not connected to the DB, it will show the first page saying it couldn't connect.

Back