Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a hotel with Arcturus Emulator and BrainCMS

Reaction score
Hi RageZone,

This tutorial is meant for the ones who already knows how to setup their IIS/XAMPP or whatever.
After this tutorial you will have a fully working hotel running Arcturus Emulator by The General and noobfriendly BrainCMS by Tom.

Downloads:
-
-
-
-
-

Ok, lets begin with this small tutorial.

To run Arcturus you will need to install Java on your server. Without Java Arcturus won't work.
Once again, you can download Java right here:

After you've installed Java follow these following steps:
1. Create a new database and import the database which you could find in the Arcturus 1.8.0 folder.
2. Place BrainCMS in your rootfolder. (wwwroot or htdocs or whatever)
Now edit the configuration of the CMS, to do this go to: system > config > brain-config.php
In the configuration set arcturus as your main emulator.
3. After you have done this extract the Arcturus SWFs package in your rootfolder. Dont forget to place the HabboSWF in this same folder, you need to configure the url to the HabboSWF in brainpconfig.php
When you did this edit the external variables. Replace with your ip or your domain.
If you only edit the ip in the brain-config.php the links to the SWFs for de client should be ok.
4. Place the Arcturus 1.8.0 somewhere on your server, never in your wwwroot folder. Edit the config file with your creds and after that run start.bat.

Now you should have a fully working Arcturus Hotel. All the SWFs are ones that I'm using so I'm 100% sure that they work.

Thanks to The General for Arcturus Emulator and thanks to Tom for noobfriendly BrainCMS.

This isnt really an advanced tutorial, but it shouldnt be that hard to setup a hotel. If you do the same thing as described above it should all be working. :)

The G.O.A.T
Reaction score
Constructive critisism.

Honestly this whole tutorial needs deleting and redoing.
I followed it word for word and got nothing but errors.

Sure I got the CMS and Emu working after a few minutes of looking around but if someone wasn't to know where to look, they'd have no hope.

Good attempt but a shocking one at best.

Reaction score
Constructive critisism.

Honestly this whole tutorial needs deleting and redoing.
I followed it word for word and got nothing but errors.

Sure I got the CMS and Emu working after a few minutes of looking around but if someone wasn't to know where to look, they'd have no hope.

Good attempt but a shocking one at best.

Maybe you should tell which errors u get because it's the same poop that I'm using and it works fine for me.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I set up everything and configured the database correctly, but when I type in my IP in the browser I just get a blank page? I don't understand what can be wrong. I have tried with the default config.

Reaction score
I set up everything and configured the database correctly, but when I type in my IP in the browser I just get a blank page? I don't understand what can be wrong. I have tried with the default config.

Sounds like there might be an issue in the CMS. Try enabling error reporting for PHP as described here:

If you run this on an VPS or other server, make sure you've portforwarded the webserver port (80).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great tutorial, thanks for making your time with it.

However; BrainCMS is unsafe use for public unless you actually know PHP. So please keep that in mind.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sounds like there might be an issue in the CMS. Try enabling error reporting for PHP as described here:

If you run this on an VPS or other server, make sure you've portforwarded the webserver port (80).

Error Reporting is enabled, everything is portforwarded correctly as I can reach the page. It's just blank.

I'll use the Chocolatey CMS instead.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Error Reporting is enabled, everything is portforwarded correctly as I can reach the page. It's just blank.

I'll use the Chocolatey CMS instead.

Chocolatey has 3 major problems:
- When registering, some users can't register due to Choco saying their email is taken (it's not).
- You can actually look up users emails through the domain.
- There is an problem connecting to the emulator, it disconnects before actually connecting so it takes Choco 2 attempts to connect client.

Don't know If sant0ro is aware of these.

For now, I'd use RevCMS by Glee as it's the most stable one. Or HabboAPI. :thumbup1:

H20

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Please for the love of God, can you make a detailed or visual explanation of how to "RUN" these programs properly. Especially JAVA. I have all of these files with the correct information - this is not a good tutorial at all.... not saying TUTS are supposed to be Noob Friendly, but detailed to the tea.

Back