Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Ragezone!
I'm going to post a fix for the SSL problem with crossdomain.xml!
First, a screen of the problem:
f4437ceb9998de06657d3b2f8c3bb9b2 - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

If you want to fix this, follow these steps:
1. Download RABCDAsm ( )
2. UnZip it and open the folder you will see this:
491f3adc904c578aa560875c0e348266 - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

3. Replace your habbo.swf in that foder
4. Click on DECOMPILER.bat
5. When it's done, press a key to exit
6. Then open Notepad++
7. The notepad++ that i use is in dutch, but do ctrl + f and click on Search in files
8. Search for: "/crossdomain.xml" in your RABCDAsm folder
120ba33b063c0fbba0ce21ed702bd89a - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

9. After a few minutes, this is the result:
266f1ac1180e31dae5790113aa4568e3 - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

10.You must go to the AdManager.class.asasm file
11.Then you see this:
1b92e6cbd7e2e182b44cc5c6ac150b44 - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

12. Change "http://" to https://
94f9411bc0e75d3cc5a6d7791c8c316c - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

13. Save it and go back to the folder
14. Open RECOMPILER.bat
15. Test your new habbo.swf!

Do you have questions?? Ask it!
Does RABCDAsm not work? Place the problem in the help section.

Greetz: Wesley

Sorry for my bad english!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: [FIX] SSL error fix (crossdomain.xml)

Great tutorial. Thank you very much.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I knew it had something to do with the swfs.

THANKS FOR THIS!!

EDIT: Tried it, still doesn't work. Strange.... :l

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I knew it had something to do with the swfs.

THANKS FOR THIS!!

EDIT: Tried it, still doesn't work. Strange.... :l

Do you have it recompiled correct?? The second is, what i forgot to say in the tutorial... In external variables : ads.domain must be your main hotel domain name. For example: myhotelname.com

If it don't works, please make a screen of the error in the console

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Do you have it recompiled correct?? The second is, what i forgot to say in the tutorial... In external variables : ads.domain must be your main hotel domain name. For example: myhotelname.com

If it don't works, please make a screen of the error in the console

A7NuAV - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

k0293er - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

Aw38xIL - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

I cleared cached, and compiled it correctly.
I don't see what the problem is. Strange...

Attachments

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

Nice tutorial, Wesley. It should be noted though for clarification, this "error" is actually a warning. It won't prevent the crossdomain file from being loaded, Chrome just doesn't like it. It's considered a potential security issue. That being said, it's not really a big deal if someone sends a modified crossdomain.xml file using a proxy to your client. They're the only ones that get that content, and they can't really do anything with it.

Useful explanation of editing the code, but not really something people need to do for their hotels unless they're particularly picky.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nice tutorial, Wesley. It should be noted though for clarification, this "error" is actually a warning. It won't prevent the crossdomain file from being loaded, Chrome just doesn't like it. It's considered a potential security issue. That being said, it's not really a big deal if someone sends a modified crossdomain.xml file using a proxy to your client. They're the only ones that get that content, and they can't really do anything with it.

Useful explanation of editing the code, but not really something people need to do for their hotels unless they're particularly picky.

Hello,
TNX! The main reason why i want to share it is because you will get a SSL warning in the URL bar.

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

Really? That shouldn't occur, since the assets are loaded after the page. I haven't noticed the behavior but I'm fairly sure it shouldn't happen. Sounds like it's more likely another asset, one related to the page itself (JavaScript, CSS, images, etc) which is loading over HTTP.

Do you have any examples of this happening? I'll happily take a look.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Really? That shouldn't occur, since the assets are loaded after the page. I haven't noticed the behavior but I'm fairly sure it shouldn't happen. Sounds like it's more likely another asset, one related to the page itself (JavaScript, CSS, images, etc) which is loading over HTTP.

Do you have any examples of this happening? I'll happily take a look.

First, the SSL icon is fully green, then everythings loads in the client... And when the crossdomain loads the icon change to a warning icon
I'm 100% sure its due to crossdomain but i can reproduce it if you want!

Do you have Skype? Thats a way more easier to show!

Reaction score

I just very simply added "ads.domain=" to my file.

And it did the trick (overrides as I just use .com's variables when I update), its much simpler than modifying the SWF.

C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

First, the SSL icon is fully green, then everythings loads in the client... And when the crossdomain loads the icon change to a warning icon
I'm 100% sure its due to crossdomain but i can reproduce it if you want!

Do you have Skype? Thats a way more easier to show!

Ah, I get you now. Didn't realize Chrome inspected that data for Flash but it makes sense. The same thing happens if JavaScript loads in an asset over http after the page load. Sledmore's suggestion sounds like an easier workaround, I'm surprised it works though, Flash is usually forced to obey crossdomain over anything else, it's a security thing.

Thanks for the explanation.

Reaction score

Ah, I get you now. Didn't realize Chrome inspected that data for Flash but it makes sense. The same thing happens if JavaScript loads in an asset over http after the page load. Sledmore's suggestion sounds like an easier workaround, I'm surprised it works though, Flash is usually forced to obey crossdomain over anything else, it's a security thing.

Thanks for the explanation.

Yeah, it's not really been explained properly in this thread - but the whole thing is just related to Habbos in-game adverts (I think, which if so they're long, long, long gone, and not the ones called via their habblet widgets), the code in the SWF just checks if the property ads.domain isn't null, if it isn't null it'll call the crossdomain file so it's just easier to give it a null value.

I'm going to guess that this system isn't even in use as Habbo have 'interstitial.enabled' set to false in their variables.

Last edited:
C# / Java Programmer
Reaction score

Yeah, it's not really been explained properly in this thread - but the whole thing is just related to Habbos in-game adverts (I think, which if so they're long, long, long gone, and not the ones called via their habblet widgets), the code in the SWF just checks if the property ads.domain isn't null, if it isn't null it'll call the crossdomain file so it's just easier to give it a null value.

I'm going to guess that this system isn't even in use as Habbo have 'interstitial.enabled' set to false in their variables.

They're using the crossdomain now because they load some image assets in from a separate domain, like photos or public room backgrounds. ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Much easier to use JPEX to do this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Work.
Thank you! :)

p8rc5iE - HTTPS Insecure Resource Warning Fix (crossdomain.xml) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Back