Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Localhost Habbo Retro Tutorial (XAMPP) (PLUSEMU) (2017)

Kak

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Download all the files below, open and install them...

XAMPP -  Windows/5.6.8/xampp-win32-5.6.8-0-VC11-installer.exe/download

WinRAR - 

Notepad+ - 

Navicat Premium - 

Also download these retro files below...

EMU -  sql is in the folder called "SQLS")

SWFS - 

CMS - 

1. Install xampp

- run apache and mysql in the control panel

- go to  and choose a language

- go to the security section on  and set a mysql password

2. Open up your htdocs and completely delete all files from it and extract your cms

3. Make a seperate folder in the htdocs called "swfs" and extract swfs to it

4. Extract emulator source folder to the desktop

5. Open up navicat and setup a new connection and type in your mysql password then test the connection.

Just edit the connection name with anything and password part with your mysql password and then test the connection (dont click ok!)

If connection successful then create a new table called "db" then run this as a query before importing the database sql

Code:
SET @@global.sql_mode= '';

EDITNG THE FILES:

1. Open up your config.php and replace it with this and edit the mysql password.

PHP:
<?php

if(!defined('IN_INDEX')) { die('Sorry, you cannot access this file.'); }

$_CONFIG['mysql']['connection_type'] = 'pconnect';

$_CONFIG['mysql']['hostname'] = '127.0.0.1';

$_CONFIG['mysql']['username'] = 'root';

$_CONFIG['mysql']['password'] = 'YOUR_MYSQL_PASSWORD_GOES_HERE';

$_CONFIG['mysql']['database'] = 'db';

$_CONFIG['mysql']['port'] = '3306';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['url'] = 'http://localhost';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['name'] = 'Habbo';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['desc'] = 'Virtual World, Avatar Chat and Pixel Art!';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['in_maint'] = false;

$_CONFIG['hotel']['motto'] = 'I am new to Habbo!';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['credits'] = 100000;

$_CONFIG['hotel']['pixels'] = 100000;

$_CONFIG['hotel']['figure'] = 'hd-180-1.ch-210-66.lg-270-82.sh-290-91.hr-100';

$_CONFIG['template']['style'] = 'Habbo';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['online_text'] = 'Members Online!';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['owner1'] = 'Lewis ';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['owner2'] = '& Abc';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['fact_1'] = 'Buying VIP helps keep Habbo alive!';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['fact_2'] = 'Habbo peaked at 0 users online!';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['fact_3'] = 'You can get credits by winning rotw\'s, etc!';

$_CONFIG['hotel']['fact_4'] = 'Habbo is owned by ' . $_CONFIG['hotel']['owner1'] . $_CONFIG['hotel']['owner2'];

$_CONFIG['hotel']['fact_5'] = 'This RevCMS theme was edited by Lewis/Data';

error_reporting(0)

?>

2. Now navigate to your skins folder and open up client.php and replace with this below...

PHP:
<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en">

<head>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="{url}/app/tpl/skins/{skin}/images/favicon.ico" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon"/>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

<title>{hotelName} Hotel</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{url}/app/tpl/skins/Habbo/styles/client.css" type="text/css">

<script type="text/javascript" src="{url}/app/tpl/skins/Habbo/js/swfobject.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

var BaseUrl = "{url}/swfs/gordon/PRODUCTION-201701242205-837386173/";

var flashvars =

{

"client.allow.cross.domain" : "1",

"client.notify.cross.domain" : "0",

"connection.info.host" : "localhost",

"connection.info.port" : "30000",

"site.url" : "{url}",

"url.prefix" : "{url}",

"client.reload.url" : "{url}/disconnected",

"client.fatal.error.url" : "{url}/disconnected",

"client.connection.failed.url" : "{url}/disconnected",

"external.variables.txt" : "{url}/swfs/gamedata/external_variables.txt",

"external.texts.txt" : "{url}/swfs/gamedata/external_flash_texts.txt",

"external.override.texts.txt" : "{url}/swfs/gamedata/override/external_flash_override_texts.txt",

"external.override.variables.txt" : "{url}/swfs/gamedata/override/external_override_variables.txt",

"external.figurepartlist.txt" : "{url}/swfs/gamedata/figuredata.xml",

"productdata.load.url" : "{url}/swfs/gamedata/productdata.txt",

"furnidata.load.url" : "{url}/swfs/gamedata/furnidata.xml",

"use.sso.ticket" : "1",

"sso.ticket" : "{sso}",

"client.starting" : "Please wait! {hotelName} is starting up.",

"processlog.enabled" : "0",

"flash.client.url" : BaseUrl,

"client.starting.revolving" : "Whololo/Tijd is maar een illusie./Gotta go fast!/Your computer might blow up./Don't panic!/You might die./Get yourself a drink while waiting./Whats that noise?/",

"flash.client.origin" : "popup"

};

var params =

{

"base" : BaseUrl + "/",

"allowScriptAccess" : "always",

"menu" : "false"

};

swfobject.embedSWF(BaseUrl + "/Habbo.swf", "client", "100%", "100%", "10.0.0", "{url}/swfs/gordon/PRODUCTION-201701242205-837386173/expressInstall.swf", flashvars, params, null);

</script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="client"></div>

</body>

</html>

3. Open up swfs folder and navigate to gamedata > external_variables and open it up in notepad++ and ctrl + h

CHANGE: habbo.com/ to localhost/swfs/

CHANGE: plusemu.dev/GAME/ to localhost/swfs/

CHANGE: plusemu.dev/game to localhost/swfs

Also dont forget to edit the external_override_variables in override > external_override_variables replacing all plusemu.dev/GAME/ to localhost/swfs/

4. On your desktop open up the emulator source folder and open config.ini and edit to your server and mysql details

5. Finally run these in your database

Code:
ALTER table users ADD column seckey VARCHAR(999);

-- ----------------------------

-- Table structure for cms_news

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `cms_news`;

CREATE TABLE `cms_news` (

`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

`title` varchar(255) COLLATE latin1_general_ci DEFAULT NULL,

`shortstory` text COLLATE latin1_general_ci,

`longstory` text COLLATE latin1_general_ci,

`published` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`image` varchar(255) COLLATE latin1_general_ci DEFAULT '/Public/Images/news/TS_Web60.png',

`campaign` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`campaignimg` varchar(255) COLLATE latin1_general_ci NOT NULL,

`author` int(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',

PRIMARY KEY (`id`)

) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=4 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_general_ci;

-- Records of cms_news

INSERT INTO `cms_news` VALUES ('1', 'News Filler', 'Space here.', 'You can delete this when you have two or more articles', '1388886077', 'DE_Promo0508.png', '0', '', '1');

INSERT INTO `cms_news` VALUES ('2', 'RevCMS Habbo Theme Edit', 'This revcms theme was modified by Lewis/Lewislol.', 'This revcms theme was released by Lewis on devbest.', '1388886077', 'DE_Promo0508.png', '0', '', '1');

Portforwarding: Open up windows firewall with advanced security > inbound rules > new rule > port > tcp > specific local ports: 30000,30001 > allow the connection > name it retro > finish

Repeat for outbound rules also!

Black screen when entering client? Enable flash! (Google if don't know how)

Start up the emu and enjoy your new hotel!

----> If you dont want to follow the tutorial or are struggling and would like me to setup a hotel for you with latest clothing included for a small fee then pm me or ask below <----

Kak

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you are what is wrong with the habbo community, charging to set up a hotel what takes 5 mins. This tutorial is basically a copy + paste of every other setup guide out there.

its not a copy and paste. i wrote this tutorial and gathered all the files myself but i can see why you might find this tut useless as their are hundreds of them

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let say they will appriciate it when you make video tut than words because there is too many tut like you post right now:thumbup1:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I installed try all versions, and I got an error.loading 76% I used to do on localhost 127.0.0.1

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
TBH this tutorial is worthless.

Tutorials should be written for beginners. This is a copy n' paste tutorial which isn't very helpful.

"Also dont forget to"
Beginners cannot forget something they dont even know.

"1. Open up your config.php and replace it with this and edit the mysql password."
How should they know where this "config.php" is located at?
Everyone who is more expierenced will know what you mean. But nobody who is doing it for the first time will know where this file is located.

Kak

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
TBH this tutorial is worthless.

Tutorials should be written for beginners. This is a copy n' paste tutorial which isn't very helpful.

"Also dont forget to"
Beginners cannot forget something they dont even know.

"1. Open up your config.php and replace it with this and edit the mysql password."
How should they know where this "config.php" is located at?
Everyone who is more expierenced will know what you mean. But nobody who is doing it for the first time will know where this file is located.

this is not a copy and paste from another person. it's my tutorial I posted on the rival forum months ago. I wrote this tutorial myself so don't post poop you don't know. "Beginners cannot forget something they don't even know" that makes absolutely no sense. don't forget to edit your external_override_variables is what I said so I'm not sure what you're even on about. I'm sorry for not being detailed enough saying where the config.php is located but I'm sure anyone with a pea sized brain can figure that out. This tutorial is not just for people who have no idea how to setup a retro but for people who struggle setting up r63b or plus emu too. Your comment was rather random and unnecessary.

"Copy and paste tutorial" it's funny because this is my tutorial I wrote so you are just making poop up to look cool

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you are what is wrong with the habbo community, charging to set up a hotel what takes 5 mins. This tutorial is basically a copy + paste of every other setup guide out there.

Well, i actually think that it's good to have the option for paying for someone to set it up for you. There are loads of people wanting to host their own retro, but they don't know how. It results in those people getting to do what they want (own a retro) and when they have invested money in it they propably would have more motivation for learning to do the stuff themselves. And if they won't learn it theres a good chacnce that they still bring new users to the community.

This won't mean that i think it's morally right to take money for something so simple, but it's really a win-win situation, i don't think that anyone would pay for something that they don't really want.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I could just upload all those files just like how it is and everyone can connect to my domain and play? I'm high rn I can't think.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So i i did everything right but when i open the Plus Emu.exe i get a error , and when i open the Client im stuck at 76%. My discord ZyZz#7364:cool:

Kak

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So i i did everything right but when i open the Plus Emu.exe i get a error , and when i open the Client im stuck at 76%. My discord ZyZz#7364:cool:

i think this should fix the emu error

1. open up your computer start menu

2. control panel

3. clock, language and region

4. "change the date, time, or number format"

5. additional settings

6. where it says decimal symbol you want to change it from a comma to a dot symbol then save

restart emu and it should work

So I could just upload all those files just like how it is and everyone can connect to my domain and play? I'm high rn I can't think.

do you have a vps or server? if u dont own a vps people cant play unless u use hamachi

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To setup with hamachi which lines exactly do i need to edit, i dont seem to find a server_ip field.

Kak

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To setup with hamachi which lines exactly do i need to edit, i dont seem to find a server_ip field.

just replace all the localhost links with your ipv4 hamachi ip

Reaction score
Curious, what purpose does running
Code:
as a query before importing your database serve? If you set the globals via mysql it wont set permanently, and there's not even a value that's being set it would appear..

Also you did a very poor job directing people to the files they need to edit in the "EDITNG THE FILES:" section..

1. app > management > config.php

2. app > tpl > skins > habbo > client.php

3. This was fine

4. bin > Debug > config.ini

And on step 5 "Finally run these in your database" you give no direction as to how one would run the code in the database, expecting a complete noob to know how to run SQL queries on your specified database.

There's no use making tutorials if you're not teaching the person what they're doing, otherwise they're just going to be following directions like a robot and not understand what they're doing, resulting in errors they have no idea how to correct.

Other than that, good job! Solid format, clear and concise directions (for the most part) I really liked the portforwarding bit, the direction was extremely simple and straight to the point (but could use some explanation as to why you're doing this. Would probably help with people who don't understand why their friends can't play with them unless they hook up hamachi)

Reactions: Kak
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I followed your tutorial, but now I have a black screen in my client and on the homepage I get this error at the top of the page

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\app\class.engine.php on line 107
[h=1][/h]​

Is there someone who can help me please?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kak

Kak

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I followed your tutorial, but now I have a black screen in my client and on the homepage I get this error at the top of the page

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\app\class.engine.php on line 107
[h=1][/h]​

Is there someone who can help me please?

i see that you have solved this. sorry i wasnt active to reply to your comment.

Curious, what purpose does running
Code:
as a query before importing your database serve? If you set the globals via mysql it wont set permanently, and there's not even a value that's being set it would appear..

Also you did a very poor job directing people to the files they need to edit in the "EDITNG THE FILES:" section..

1. app > management > config.php

2. app > tpl > skins > habbo > client.php

3. This was fine

4. bin > Debug > config.ini

And on step 5 "Finally run these in your database" you give no direction as to how one would run the code in the database, expecting a complete noob to know how to run SQL queries on your specified database.

There's no use making tutorials if you're not teaching the person what they're doing, otherwise they're just going to be following directions like a robot and not understand what they're doing, resulting in errors they have no idea how to correct.

Other than that, good job! Solid format, clear and concise directions (for the most part) I really liked the portforwarding bit, the direction was extremely simple and straight to the point (but could use some explanation as to why you're doing this. Would probably help with people who don't understand why their friends can't play with them unless they hook up hamachi)

thank you for the advice. i have no intentions on updating this tutorial as the files i would assume are a little bit outdated and i havent really followed the status of retros in months

Back