Localhost Habbo Retro Tutorial (XAMPP) (PLUSEMU) (2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    164Posts

Re: Localhost Habbo Retro Tutorial (XAMPP) (PLUSEMU) (2017)

To setup with hamachi which lines exactly do i need to edit, i dont seem to find a server_ip field.

MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    45Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EdwinxP View Post
    To setup with hamachi which lines exactly do i need to edit, i dont seem to find a server_ip field.
    just replace all the localhost links with your ipv4 hamachi ip

MemberRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    6Posts

Curious, what purpose does running
    Code:
    SET @@global.sql_mode= '';
    as a query before importing your database serve? If you set the globals via mysql it wont set permanently, and there's not even a value that's being set it would appear..

Also you did a very poor job directing people to the files they need to edit in the "EDITNG THE FILES:" section..

1. app > management > config.php

2. app > tpl > skins > habbo > client.php

3. This was fine

4. bin > Debug > config.ini

And on step 5 "Finally run these in your database" you give no direction as to how one would run the code in the database, expecting a complete noob to know how to run SQL queries on your specified database.

There's no use making tutorials if you're not teaching the person what they're doing, otherwise they're just going to be following directions like a robot and not understand what they're doing, resulting in errors they have no idea how to correct.

Other than that, good job! Solid format, clear and concise directions (for the most part) I really liked the portforwarding bit, the direction was extremely simple and straight to the point (but could use some explanation as to why you're doing this. Would probably help with people who don't understand why their friends can't play with them unless they hook up hamachi)

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    3Posts

I followed your tutorial, but now I have a black screen in my client and on the homepage I get this error at the top of the page

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\app\class.engine.php on line 107

Is there someone who can help me please?
    Last edited by Audacity; 25-03-18 at 05:31 PM.

MemberRank
    May 2017 Join Date
    45Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Audacity View Post
    I followed your tutorial, but now I have a black screen in my client and on the homepage I get this error at the top of the page

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\app\class.engine.php on line 107

Is there someone who can help me please?
    i see that you have solved this. sorry i wasnt active to reply to your comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by natedog2246 View Post
    Curious, what purpose does running
    Code:
    SET @@global.sql_mode= '';
    as a query before importing your database serve? If you set the globals via mysql it wont set permanently, and there's not even a value that's being set it would appear..

Also you did a very poor job directing people to the files they need to edit in the "EDITNG THE FILES:" section..

1. app > management > config.php

2. app > tpl > skins > habbo > client.php

3. This was fine

4. bin > Debug > config.ini

And on step 5 "Finally run these in your database" you give no direction as to how one would run the code in the database, expecting a complete noob to know how to run SQL queries on your specified database.

There's no use making tutorials if you're not teaching the person what they're doing, otherwise they're just going to be following directions like a robot and not understand what they're doing, resulting in errors they have no idea how to correct.

Other than that, good job! Solid format, clear and concise directions (for the most part) I really liked the portforwarding bit, the direction was extremely simple and straight to the point (but could use some explanation as to why you're doing this. Would probably help with people who don't understand why their friends can't play with them unless they hook up hamachi)
    thank you for the advice. i have no intentions on updating this tutorial as the files i would assume are a little bit outdated and i havent really followed the status of retros in months

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement