Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to set up a R63 Hotel with IIS and Navicat [Via VPS/Dedicated Server]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Credits: FullMetalPride (IIS Tutorial) // Vuis (Old R63 Tut I used months ago)

Requirements:

1. NEED A VPS/DEDI! (For setting up IIS via Server Manager)
2. NEED A PROPER PHOENIX LICENSE! (For preventing any emulator errors)
3. NEED WINRAR! (For extracting/downloading files in a .rar format)
4. NEED A BRAIN! (To process the information you receive from this tutorial)

Note: This tutorial wont work without a VPS or Dedi, because you NEED Server Manager to set up IIS.7, so If your not using a VPS or Dedi, just go to another tutorial.

Downloads:

Note: This tutorial is only for Windows 7 2008 VPS's or Dedicated Servers, so please note this most likely won't work on any others.

Important note: Go to Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Server Manager
Scroll down to "Roles Summary" and then click "Add Roles."
Click whatever you need to proceed with, and then click "Next."
Check the box that says "Web Server (IIS)" next to it.

#######################################################3

First, go to your Microsoft Web Platform, and search all these programs, and one you've selected all them - click 'Install' (This may take up to 15 mins.)

List:

Application Request Routing (2.5)
IIS7 Recommended Configuration
Web Farm Framework 2.2
SQL Server Express 2008 R2
IIS 7.5 Express
Web Deployment Tool 2.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 4
URL Rewrite 2.0
IIS Smooth Streaming Client 1.5 (Update 2)
PHP Manager for IIS
MySQL Windows 5.1

If anything says 'Installed' already, just skip to the next program in the list.

##########################################################

Later on somewhere in your downloading - a popup window will ask you to create a password, the pass you make is what you'll use to make databases in Navicat and put in your CMS's configuration, so either remember it in your head or write it down on notepad.

Now, restart your VPS or Dedicated server and connect to it Via Remote Desktop Connection after 5 - 10 mins.

Now, once you connect back, go to your Navicat Database and open it up, and create a 'New Connection' a pop up will come up and you can name the Connection, and put in your MySQL password that you created after your IIS Essentials download.

Then create a Database within the Connection you created, and go to 'Import Wizard' and when a popup comes, select your Phoenix 3.7.1 database file from your Phoenix License. And then you'll be done.

Go to your database and run this SQL code:

PHP:
ALTER TABLE `users` ADD `seckey` VARCHAR(999)

And now, your done with your database!

Now, go to no-ip.com and create an account, once your done - go to your no-ip.com account and go to 'Host/Redirects,' once your there, create a host - have the name, and domain you want - and put the host as your VPS or Dedi's IP, then click 'Create host'

Now, go to the Start Menu > Computer > Local Disk > Inetpub > wwwroot and delete everything in there and extract your RevCMS 1.9.9.9 files into that folder along with your Gordon r63 Swfs, this may take up to 15 mins. Then go to /app/management/config.php and right click it, then click 'Edit with notepad++'

Now, we edit our Configurations for the CMS!

Now, only edit what's in Red with your information:

Code:
<?php
if(!defined('IN_INDEX')) { die('Sorry, you cannot access this file.'); }
#Please fill this all out.

#NOTE: To set up TheHabbos.ORG's API go to wwwroot/mysite/thehabbos_api for IIS, OR, htdocs/thehabbos_api for XAMPP and others.

/*
*	MySQL management
*/

$_CONFIG['mysql']['connection_type'] = 'pconnect'; //Type of connection: It must be connect, or pconnect: if you want a persistent connection.

$_CONFIG['mysql']['hostname'] = 'localhost'; //MySQL host

$_CONFIG['mysql']['username'] = 'root'; //MySQL username

$_CONFIG['mysql']['password'] = '[COLOR="Red"]root[/COLOR]'; //MySQL password

$_CONFIG['mysql']['database'] = '[COLOR="Red"]root[/COLOR]'; //(Put the database name within your Connection that you made)

$_CONFIG['mysql']['port'] = '3306'; //MySQL's port

/*
*	Hotel management  - All URLs do not end with an "/"
*/

$_CONFIG['hotel']['server_ip'] = '[COLOR="Red"]localhost[/COLOR]'; //IP of VPS/DEDI/etc

$_CONFIG['hotel']['url'] = '[COLOR="Red"]http://localhost[/COLOR]'; //Does not end with a "/"

$_CONFIG['hotel']['name'] = '[COLOR="Red"]Habbo[/COLOR]'; // Hotel's name

$_CONFIG['hotel']['desc'] = '[COLOR="Red"]Best hotel around![/COLOR]'; //Hotel's description 

$_CONFIG['hotel']['email'] = '[COLOR="Red"]help@myhotel.net[/COLOR]'; //Where the help queries from users are emailed to.@Priv skin

$_CONFIG['hotel']['in_maint'] = false; //False if hotel is NOT in maintenance. True if hotel IS in maintenance

$_CONFIG['hotel']['motto'] = 'I <3 ' . $_CONFIG['hotel']['name']; //Default motto users will register with.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['credits'] = 5000; //Default number of credits users will register with.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['pixels'] = 10000; //Default number of pixels users will register with.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['figure'] = '-'; //Default figure users will register with.

$_CONFIG['hotel']['web_build'] = '63_1dc60c6d6ea6e089c6893ab4e0541ee0/527'; //Web_Build

$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_vars'] = 'http://[COLOR="Red"]VPS OR DEDI'S IP[/COLOR]/gordon/external_vars.txt'; //URL to your external vars

$_CONFIG['hotel']['external_texts'] = 'http://[COLOR="Red"]VPS OR DEDI'S IP[/COLOR]/gordon/external_flash_texts.txt'; //URL to your external texts

$_CONFIG['hotel']['product_data'] = 'http://[COLOR="Red"]VPS OR DEDI'S IP[/COLOR]/gordon/productdata.txt'; //URL to your productdata

$_CONFIG['hotel']['furni_data'] = 'http://[COLOR="Red"]VPS OR DEDI'S IP[/COLOR]/gordon/furnidata.txt'; //URL to your furnidata

$_CONFIG['hotel']['swf_folder'] = 'http://[COLOR="Red"]VPS OR DEDI'S IP[/COLOR]/gordon/swf'; //URL to your SWF folder(does not end with a '/')
/*
*	Templating management - Pick one of our default styles or make yours by following our examples!
*/

#RevCMS has 2 default styles, 'Mango' by dannyy94 and 'Priv' by joopie - Others styles are to come, such as RastaLulz's ProCMS style and Nominal's PhoenixCMS 4.0 style.

$_CONFIG['template']['style'] = '[COLOR="Red"]Priv <--- Make it 'Mango'[/COLOR]'; 

/*
*	Other topsites.. thing
*/

$_CONFIG['thehabbos']['username'] = 'Kryptos';
$_CONFIG['retro_top']['user'] = 'Kryptos'; 

/*
*	Recaptcha management - Fill the information below if you have one, else leave it like that and don't worry, be happy.
*/

$_CONFIG['recaptcha']['priv_key'] = '6LcZ58USAAAAABSV5px9XZlzvIPaBOGA6rQP2G43';
$_CONFIG['recaptcha']['pub_key'] = '6LcZ58USAAAAAAQ6kquItHl4JuTBWs-5cSKzh6DD';

/*
*	Social Networking stuff
*/

$_CONFIG['social']['twitter'] = 'TwitterAccount'; //Hotel's Twitter account

$_CONFIG['social']['facebook'] = 'FacebookAccount'; //Hotel's Facebook account

?>

Once you're done, save it - and, if you edited the configuration page correctly, your done with the CMS!

Now, go to your Phoenix 3.7.1 folder (Hopefully your using a licensed emulator) and run the application.

Now your done! Go to your site, and everything should be ready!

Afterward notes:

1. To rank yourself, go to your Navicat Database and go to the table within your database called 'Users' and find yourself, go to 'Rank' and change it from '0' to '1'

2. Enjoy your hotel, and if you successfully made one off my tutorial, feel free to comment with the link!

Last edited:
ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your previous posts were removed for a reason.
Please refrain from bumping your thread.

It's not necessary, and won't be allowed.

Thanks.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dude...nice rip of my tut?

:/ I did upgrading your XAMPP to IIS, but dude, this is essentially my IIS tut exactly. Those are all the programs I told everyone to use, and look, you even used the same PATH SYMBOL as I did (Start Menu ">"..etc..you know..)

Also, this can be done on either VPS or w.e., you don't need Server Manager..I had it running off of Win 7.

I'd like credits for the top IIS installation part. Took me like 3 hours of writing. I was making sure I didn't have any errors.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Dude...nice rip of my tut?

:/ I did upgrading your XAMPP to IIS, but dude, this is essentially my IIS tut exactly. Those are all the programs I told everyone to use, and look, you even used the same PATH SYMBOL as I did (Start Menu ">"..etc..you know..)

Also, this can be done on either VPS or w.e., you don't need Server Manager..I had it running off of Win 7.

I'd like credits for the top IIS installation part. Took me like 3 hours of writing. I was making sure I didn't have any errors.

Yeah i used your list and installing iis - sorry - ill put credits

Reaction score
This is a pretty good tutorial, but could use some images, and maybe a video? And you should provide more information such as:
To install IIS 7, you'll need a Windows Server 2008 (or above)
^ Into your title, so they know people aren't going to waste there time.

Also, you need to have the tutorial laid out a little more better. IE: Use different sizes, colours, fonts and other things like headers :)

It would also be good if you cleaned it up a little, maybe?

Also:
You can use IIS 7+ using:
Windows 2008 and above
Witch includes
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not a bad tutorial, I like the way you lay it out.. :eek:tt1:

Thanks for a great time!
Reaction score
HTTP 500 error IIS 7.0 windows server 2008
> did url rewrite
> no effect

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is the URL to your local site? Or does it not work that way

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do not see all of those applications in the Microsoft web platform, I only see 4.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I need help when connecting to Navicat making the connection..
Do i change localhost to the ip of my VPs or what?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING' or `'('' in C:\xampp\htdocs\global.php on line 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back