Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
orangechronik - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Hello Fellow Ragerz,
After a long long time trying to build a R63B Hotel with no updated tutorials or anything I have successfully accomplished it and I would like to share it with the public.

First things first get all your downloads ready:

- A VPS / Dedicated Server
-
-
- IIS
-
- (Installation Tutorial not included)
-
-

I DO NOT own any of the links and all rights go to their respective owners.
I have Uploaded all downloads to my own Mega.co.nz Account, Don't Trust don't download.

Step 1)
Login to VPS
- First you're going to want to log-in to your VPS with Remote Desktop Connector. Search mstsc.exe in your Start menu, open it and you should get something like:
bf15a8f067f6f7c19eae58312d5118d6 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums
Click connect and it'll ask for your credentials, click the "Administrator" Account and enter your password
58857a6f86e0d9ce38b43022476904aa - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 2)
Install IIS
- Once you have logged into your VPS, Search in the start menu for "Server Manager" Open it up and depending on what OS your VPS Is running it may look different.
orangechronik - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Click on Roles, it'll be on either the left hand side if yours looks like mine or the top right hand side if yours is the newer version; After click on roles you're going to want to press 'Add Roles'

Once clicked a new page will pop up, Click next and you'll be shown a list of things to be downloaded, make sure Web Server IIS is ticked.
Click next, you will than be shown a page with a list of additional downloads to go with IIS WebSever, please make sure that:
All of the 'Performance' category,
All of 'Application Development' and
Under the 'Management Tools' make sure that IIS Management Console,
IIS Scripts and Tools and Management Service are all ticked.

a589ecb3c28dee10426d33083f387df4 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums
290b8176a4b04d3452720d7dd644503f - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Cick Next > Click Install and IIS Will finish installing.
7b3df29367b2e7661f28bd97f987ee4d - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

AFTER THIS STEP PLEASE RESTART YOUR VPS

Now That you've restarted your VPS, Go into your Downloads folder and look for mysql-installer-community-5.6.22.0 If you do not have it please download by ;

Once it has downloaded or if it was already downloaded, open the file up; Follow the Installation Instructions; Select "Server Only" Keep clicking next until you come across "Development Machine" and choose a password for Root User, YOU DO NOT NEED TO MAKE A NEW USER ON THE BOTTOM. Make sure you click "Make Server automatically start on Start Up" so you don't have to start it everytime. After the install is finished close it.

Now you're going to want to download the WPI (Web Platform Installer) if it isn't already you can download it by .

Once installed your going to want to open it and you'll see something that looks like:
15210fa197d3dfe7dc5867dbebc101ba - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Youre now going to want to search for and add each of the following; If they are already installed move on.

PHP 5.x
Application Request Routing 2.5
Web Farm Framework 1.1
SQL Server Express 2008 R2 Service Pack
IIS 8 Express
Web Deployment Tool 2.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 4
URL Rewrite 2.0
PHP Manager for IIS
MySQL Windows 5.1
IIS 8 Recommended Configuration

Once you have added them all to the list click install, a warning message may pop up asking for a password as your installing MYSQL, Use the password you used for the root account we made previously! Let them all install.

Time To see if you've installed everything properly - On your vps open up your internet and go to If you see
e63ae19a2769f66febb0337ca81f8c4d - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

We've made progress.​
Step 3)
Now we want to open the ports that your Emu & Client are going to run on, on your VPS search for "Server Manager" and open it. On the left hand side you'll see "Go To Windows FireWall"
c36ca4f1f318cb4df7e8c07f7ea46a84 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Open it and scroll down you will see:
c3541ccb60f878a973d407ec7a6e3979 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Click Inbound Rules, On the left side you'll see "New Rule" Click it, Choose "Port" Make cure its a TCP and put 3306,30000,30001,3306 as the port, Name it Retro, Emu, or anything Hotel related so you know what they're for. Do the same for Outbound connections. Make sure you Allow All connections, don't block it.
1deef104e412b5a3ba2f94207315e1c5 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

If you haven't already please install WinRAR & NotePad++ Now. Links can be found at the top.​
Step 4)
Now we need to set up the CMS, (The SWFS are already set up in the CMS Package)
First youre going to want to extract the files from the RevCMS & SWF Package posted at top to your C:/inetpub/wwwroot Folder located on your VPS. Once it's done you should be left with something like this
6fddfd01d7f6b109e5b997ff14723289 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Now youre going to want to click App > Management > and open the 'config.php' file in NotePad++
Edit The MYSQL Password & Database NOT Hostname or username or port.
0d13a07b5a0edbcef9cbaa317b2c826d - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Continue scrolling down and you will see more information, Your going to want to change the information below, make sure to put your VPS IP as The Server IP"
322773563b3931b2c37442d4d4958960 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums
Towards the bottom of the page you will see​

980de7741726439353ecafad03035446 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Replace 'YOURDOMAIN.COM' with your domain name and press Save.
Step 5) Database
Now we need to set up the database for which the hotel is going to run of off. For this there is two ways to do it. 1. PHPMyAdmin or 2. Navicat. PHP is a huge security risk so i recommend staying away from it, or if you do use it take it out of wwwroot when its not being used. There are plenty of Navicats released with Free Cracks, NaviCat offers a free trial from their website which can be downloaded . Proceed through the installation and open Navicat once it's finished.

In the top corner of Navicat You'll see 'Connection' Click it and click 'MySQL'
94cef67bb07660380d7ac481837e6267 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

A new window will pop open and fill it out like this:
05d5d05c53cd01e045cd1536c723ac45 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Put your MYSQL Password where it asks for it, Click 'Ok'
Now on the left hand side you'll see your 'localhost_3306' Double click it so it brings up the drop down menu of 4 others, right click on the 'Localhost_3306' and press 'New Database' use the Database name you used in the config.php file during Step 4.

Now under 'localhost_3306' you should see your database name, double click it
7bc4f81e9e30cffaecfcd95e2f2b3c23 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Now Download and extract the 'Mercury SQL' Posted at top to your desktop. Now go back into Navicat and
on the Top you'll see 'Query' Press it, 'New Query' Press it. Now head over to where your the Mercury.SQL is and open it with notepad, right click > Select all > Copy. Now go back to the New Query Screen of Navicat and Copy and paste it than press 'Run'

Once it's finished it should look like
c0cabd9c3601c334f81ca0d1fcd75c62 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Step 6) Emulator Set Up.

Okay Now, what youre going to want to do is extract the 'Mercury Emu' folder to a folder on your desktop Named Mercury, open it, go to bin > x86 > debug > and open up config.ini

Edit the MYSQL Password & database name and change YOUR IP to your IP.
a9e9899b63ce6d010307d37126599d5b - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Save & Close. Now go back to the debug folder and open extra_settings.txt - This is where you can set some settings, how many credits you get, diamonds, so on so fouth the only main thing you gotta edit is at the bottom and change YOURIPADDRESS to your IP.
d73ecfffe7a36a32677f0a589a4fbf67 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

Save & Close.

Please note: BEFORE EMU WILL OPEN YOU MUST OPEN THE EMULATOR IN VISUAL STUDIOS, GO TO CORE > EXTRASETTINGS AND CHANGE THE FIGUREDATA_URL TO .

If you can't please post here the link to your figuredata and I will be glad to do it for you.

Step 7) SWFS -
646886639e0b3aeb86223c7a2c9198d3 - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

The SWFS have already been added into the wwwroot for you, so head over to your wwwroot > game > gamedata > and open 'External_variables' & you're going to want to press ctrl h in 'Find What' Put " " and replace with your domain, and than ctrl h again and search for LINKHERE and replace with yourdomain without www. or http:// infront of it.

Assuming it was all editted properly close and save it.

Voila, now visit your domain, register an account, go into Navicat > Tables > Users > Change your rank > Load Client.

f254afb4b2c3a03d6833c9adb2658e8e - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums

If anyone has any errors please feel free to let myself know and i'll help you walk through them!

I'm going to go over this again tomorrow and make sure i haven't missed anything.. I spent long enough on it that by the end my brain was fried. Anyways First Tut Accomplished. Enjoy :D

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh my god, finally, thank you so much, it helped alot! Always wanted a tutorial, thanks :)

Oh and, does this work on XAMPP?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Oh my god, finally, thank you so much, it helped alot! Always wanted a tutorial, thanks :)

Oh and, does this work on XAMPP?

Haha thank you, someone finally had to do it to help the community.

Also yes this will work for XAMPP. I just switched from XAMPP to IIS Yesterday!

Does this work with any mercury emulator?

Yes. This tutorial would work for any EMU & CMS as long as you have working SWFS configured all of them correctly as well as the CMS.
Presumably the emulator config may be a bit differen't i'm not sure, but this database is for v2.3!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Haha thank you, someone finally had to do it to help the community.

Also yes this will work for XAMPP. I just switched from XAMPP to IIS Yesterday!

Yes. This tutorial would work for any EMU & CMS as long as you have working SWFS configured all of them correctly as well as the CMS.
Presumably the emulator config may be a bit differen't i'm not sure, but this database is for v2.3!

Can you maybe make a tuturial with a mercury emulator with packets?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What're you reffering to Tiffany?

I look for a mercury emulator with packets who working, i I keep getting a 112 error when I want the client, maybe can you make a tut, maybe i do something wrong..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just noticed that, in the external_variables, there's a bunch of links starting with '//YOURDOMAIN.COM/game/gamedata', do we need to put 'http://' ?

Oh and, i've found another problem, i've never tried to buy a furniture before, but when I did, I clicked 'Buy' but it didn't go into my inventory, it just stays at the pop-up and the 'Buy' button is pressed, but nothing happened, help? D:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I just noticed that, in the external_variables, there's a bunch of links starting with '//YOURDOMAIN.COM/game/gamedata', do we need to put 'http://' ?

Oh and, i've found another problem, i've never tried to buy a furniture before, but when I did, I clicked 'Buy' but it didn't go into my inventory, it just stays at the pop-up and the 'Buy' button is pressed, but nothing happened, help? D:

No but do it anyway to make sure :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
QlHoUhP - [TUT] [R63B] Mercury Emu v2.3 w/ RevCMS IIS Set Up Noob Friendly! - RaGEZONE Forums
How do i fix this problem with the CMS?

That has nothing to do with your CMS, the web server cant find the page. Look in your htdocs/wwwroot file and see if the file is missing.

Good tutorial mate! I personaly prefer xampp cause IIS bugs on most of the VPS's, more tutorials like this incomming? ;-)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please, I done it all and now I just get a big white internet page when I access my domain... What did I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back