Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EVO Source and Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your daily fix.
Also I left rose so I'm not going to help you make it work DO NOT CONTACT ME ON MSN/SKYPE/ETC to help you!
I hope this revives the Rose Online Development and I might come back if it does.

@PurpleYouko: feel free to edit the post or add stuff in to help people out. remove any posts that claim I got it from them or remove any rage at me. Thank you!
Also for your entertainment, some other poop that works. most poop includes source if it doesn't too bad for you. Get it yourself.

while you wait for the download to finish:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ohh
One more good developer leave :(
Ow xadet your map editor :D
I didnt download it! cause i arleady had it
I dont know do the post will be deleted but nice!
Thanks
-NeroX

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its not only nice
Cause thats a new revolution of ROSE developers
I arleady had those things but for the other developers thats a LOT!
There is included Map Editor by Xadet ( Genyaa say sorry to him :D )
ROSE Client , Server Source
Triggerdetect and other sources
1 patcher source (Adventure ROSE)
And other things i think..
I dont know do PY will close this topic but why not a new REVOLUTION?
ROSE is dead since 5 years..

[TIP] Use Visual Basic 2005 to complie !

Last edited:
TGN Studio's
Reaction score
I'm really sad to see this release. Would rather see it closed but that's just me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah
My first reaction when Genyaa have show me that:
[02:14:30] NeroX Gaming Network [OFFICIAL]: noooo
[02:14:36] NeroX Gaming Network [OFFICIAL]: :D whyy

There was have only 3-4 ROSE Teams witch have those sources and things..

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
TBH I very much doubt that there are many people out there who will be able to make much sense of this.

It looks like the exact same source files that I already have. It even includes a readme document written by Dragoon (Wolfwing) who took the lead in setting up the files so that they could be compiled by other members of our team.
And WarKeyGFX is correct. This source is not 100% complete. The code itself is all there as are the libraries and stuff but it doesn't include a lot of things that are needed to run the server properly.

This isn't the kind of code that will do any good to anybody who doesn't already have a pretty strong understanding of C++ coding.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i totally Agree With Purple. its a really Hard Coded source. and TBH You must have the complete package to make this poop RUN

Reaction score
Purple and WarKeyGFX are right, most stuff is really hard to setup.
Only people who know how visual studio works from the inside out could ever make it work.
Also I checked the package and some stuff isn't complete.
I do have that stuff, but there is 0 change that I will give anyone anything. So don't come beg me for it.

TGN Studio's
Reaction score
Sorry mental has nothing to do with Greed. Honestly Its the fact that this is unreleased code for many years and I feel it will only cause drama in the community.

But I guess it is what it is.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Have to say I agree Icon.
A lot of people are going to get all excited over this and then discover that it's a complete waste of time unless they intend to devote the next 6 months of their lives to getting it to work.
I predict that there will be droves of people all complaining that they can't get it to compile and begging all the better known devs to help them with it.

To all you server devs out there.
If you can make sense of this code and get something useful to work with it, even if it's just to compile the client end of things (useful to find out how all the packets work I guess) and then combine it with an osrose server, then good luck to you.
If you can't make it work, please don't bother coming to me to ask for help.
I do not plan to support this source in any way shape or form.
I already spent a few weeks picking through it to see if it would do what I wanted.
In the end I (and my team) decided that this path was not for us.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What's the date on this? Is it clean official or modified?

Edit:
Looks modified, although I'm not sure how much so. I'd still be interested in date if possible.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It was bound to be released sooner or later. Thankfully, it's been released later. I've had the source code and SVN access to a Gravity licensee since January 2009. In 2009 I would've cared if this got released but I definitely don't now.

Honestly, anyone even bothering with this is just wasting their time now. Let's get real: we're almost hitting 2013. Anyone who is capable of making heads or tails of the source code lost interest a long time ago. We spent about about a year getting to grips with the source code (not this source code) and to the point we're at now.

We're in a time now where we have a server with ~1,000 players and then the next server ranked by population has ~100. Everyone else has less than that. Do you really want to spend your time trying to make sense of any kind of source code for a server that won't ever have more than 10 players? Is it really worth that time and effort? Look around. The forum is filled with people who can't even configure an ini file, open an stb folder or query a database.

Don't get too excited over this. Good luck to anyone who wastes their time with it.

TGN Studio's
Reaction score
Its already started Drama on my end and I had no part in it. Yet I'm feeling the the ramifications of the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back