Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EVO Source and Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
/bitofftopic
Ah I remember you! You were aukemon0 back in 08.
Sad to see all the good devs leave but pretty understandable since rose is pretty much dying.

I wish you all the best man.

Reaction score
Compiled fine, even got the SHO source compiled and working. Gotta be the easiest thing to compile. If you cant do it off the bat, then don't even bother.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have seen alot of flaming in this section of Ragezone for many years and it just shows me that there are alot of talented people out there that are so into themselves...But yet I come to this section for only one reason and that is I have a son that has watched me play this game since it first came out in 2004 (irose beta)...He was 5 years old at the time and a year later we found out he is Autistic, but still he loves the game but on the official roseonlinegame he is made fun of because of what he types and how he plays...So I have a server setup on a machine just for him so he can play...He is happy but he is alway's asking why it doesn't have the same things like the official rose so I try to add new things to it all the time but some of the times I fail but I still keep tring...My thing when it comes to computers is repairing and building them along with networking...I wish I had just a 10th of your knowledge in programing...But I am learning alittle every day about c++ from what I find here on Ragezone I am glad that alot of you have all of the official files but yet if you did not buy them from triggersoft or one of the publishers that triggersoft sold them to more and likely they where stolen from one of them.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why do you guys care if he reuploads them so much if the files are not working/5 year old junk?

You seem to be mad that he re-relased them or something and since YOU didn't make these files they must be stolen in the first place so i still don't see why you care so much it does seem like greed to me to

If your friend payed $2k (and i don't think he did as this game was big back then and most high end games like these do not get sold at all let alone $2 that is nothing to them) then they are not really stolen they were just giving away free after he payed for them

So someone is has to be lying and greedy here

I don't really care or not as i havn't played rose in some time im just posting cause i wanted to :p

On a side note whoever said its just like the other files that got release i think he is right to
When the other ones got released everyone was crying and mad because they were better then the poop you guys were releasing

Then again they all had backdoors or whatever as far as i read on here/dev rose and still do? i never downloaded them but i remember they had stuff all the other released roses did not.... so much greed!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone please reupload this source for me ?

Many thanks marvine

Can someone please reupload this source for me ?

Many thanks marvine

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's all right there in Holchan's post earlier in this thread.
nothing needs to be re-uploaded.
All the links work still.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The thing is that the source builds its own client anyway. We are just guessing when it comes to knowing the exact version.
Also we never got the server working anyway so as it stands nothing will run with it.

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well most of us gave up after a couple of weeks of banging our heads against every wall we could find.
I don't know if anybody ever got it working properly.
I think Dragoon got closer than anybody

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well thanks to dragoon and a bit of help with quires with raven i have an working source at the moment.... still some minor issues but working still. but its got abit of work still its not 100%.. but you can run the servers + connect create avatars get into game... ect ect ect... currently moding it to suit me tho.

i miss i-rose tho so evo not on my high list at the moment.

+++Add on notes+++
*Comment Deleted*

Last edited:
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Would be more useful to release the fixed source along with all the changes that you had to make if you release anything.
At least that way people can mess with it themselves rather than being stuck with a compiled program like they are with arcturus.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
True but see how the agreements go >.< but its still got some bugs with clients compatibility at the moment... im using a client that it not really likes atm :D fun times.
still getting there.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Would be more useful to release the fixed source along with all the changes that you had to make if you release anything.
Seconded. I'm not sure what kind of assistance you gained, but if it's source code... can it be shifted out to binary includes if people are utterly unprepared to share *their* source?

I know that *some* people feel ripped off by noobs who take their work and abuse it. They like to set an entry skill level bar to sharing, if not a financial one... and that does reduce lUser support request demand. XD A binary include means your code can't be immediately broken by idiots who demand instant gratification, but can be tested independently and re-written by people who have the skill, but not the base knowledge... then we can improve from there and move forward. ^_^

Pushing closed source sections out to a DLL is an equivalent option, if that's easier. I'm also aware that getting to a "some and some" stage is an additional effort... for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back