Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

OSPRose : The KTRose - pre-evo 112_112

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Go hhere in this link it might help you out!

I went through every one of those threads with a fine-toothed comb and didn't find anything that helped me solve this issue. I will list the steps I took to set up the server.

1. Used Navicat to create the connection and database. Then executed the "KTRose_DB.sql file to create all of the tables.
2. Edited loginserver.conf, charserver.conf, worldserver.conf and put in my database information to match what I created in MySQL. Left the IP address fields to localhost/127.0.0.1 since I am running this all locally. I then ran the "RoseManager v0.4.exe" to launch my servers. All of them load connect with no errors.
3. Ran TriggerDetect.exe to set up the graphical settings, and when I exit the TriggerDetect.exe a launcher comes up (which I figure is either ROSEonline.exe or Trose.exe. Nothing patches and I get a "Can not check the latest version" message (is this supposed to happen?).
4. I then run the launcher batch file (in my client folder) to launch the game. When I put in some login details and hit "OK", nothing happens. There is no call to the database (queries.txt) and there are no new details in any of the server logs. It is like my client is not connecting to my server.

Am I missing a step, or doing something wrong?

Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Seems like you are doing all the right things.
The patcher that does nothing is the original rose patcher. The pre evo patch server no longer exists so no patches come in.

My guess is that some kind of firewall is preventing a message from being sent from the client to your server on socket 29000 (login port). Otherwise your packets log would show it being received by the server.
Try setting up exceptions in your firewall

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like you are doing all the right things.
The patcher that does nothing is the original rose patcher. The pre evo patch server no longer exists so no patches come in.

My guess is that some kind of firewall is preventing a message from being sent from the client to your server on socket 29000 (login port). Otherwise your packets log would show it being received by the server.
Try setting up exceptions in your firewall

Hmm, that does sound like the problem but I have my firewall turned off completely and forwarded all three of the ports in my router.

Does going through a router have any effect on running the client/server locally? I am not a networking type person, so there may be something else I need to do concerning the router.

Last edited:
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the router settings only affect incoming packets from the internet. It won't have any effect on your server if it's running on localhost

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the router settings only affect incoming packets from the internet. It won't have any effect on your server if it's running on localhost

Well I have tried everything I can think of and searched many forum threads for an answer. There is still no connection between the client and server. I am at a loss for where to go from here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What launcher are you using ? Trose.exe or some protect ?

I am using the .bat file that came with the client that was linked in the first post of this thread. The contents of the .bat file is as follows:

TRose.exe trigger_SOFT@ _server 127.0.0.1

Last edited:
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
are you running the server and client on the same PC?
if not then you will need to change the IP in that batch file to match the IP of the server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
are you running the server and client on the same PC?
if not then you will need to change the IP in that batch file to match the IP of the server

Yep, I am running the client and server on the same PC.

Back