Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Rose Reborn Launcher (v1, v2)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since we decided to shut down Rose Reborn, I thought I'd share some of the stuff I created. Here is the launcher I personally made, it includes both versions. v1 is the first one we used, and v2 is the second and the best by far.

Included:

- v1 Launcher VB Source Code
- v2 Launcher VB Source Code
- Launcher PSD
- Patch Notes PSD
- Patch Notes Files
- Fonts used in the PSD
- Extra Images
- Launcher Screenshots
- Server Status files
- News files

v2 Launcher Screenshot

Akai - [Release] Rose Reborn Launcher (v1, v2) - RaGEZONE Forums

v1 Launcher Screenshot

Akai - [Release] Rose Reborn Launcher (v1, v2) - RaGEZONE Forums

How to edit the launcher:

You have to edit the VB Source code, that is the ONLY way to edit the launcher. So download VB 2005.

Edit the server IP: Find "Shell("Trose.exe Trose.exe @TRIGGER_SOFT@ _server 81.19.219.56")" and change it to your IP.

Edit the news link: Click the news box, and edit the URL in the properties panel.

Edit the news files: Open the .asp files with notepad and edit the links and text.

Edit the server status links: Click the server status boxs, and edit the URL in the properties panel.

Edit the Update page: In Form3, click the news box and edit the URL in the properties panel.

Edit the Links on the bottom left: Click the link box and edit the URL in the properties panel. Also edit the HTML file provided.

Note: You will not understand any of this if you no aboslutely nothing about VB. I don't know much, but I know enough to work around the program. This may all be confusing for you, but the pro's should understand.

The files in the folder "Files you need to upload to your site" are the news files, server status, navigation, etc.

Download Link:

Last edited:
You don't know me.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks like something I'd love using but know nothing about..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
AKAI...
Thank you for sharing this launcher!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice launcher!But could you please tell me how to change the background so it says my server's name?I just need to know how to find the location of the background.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
By the way, I didn't edit any links, they all go to Rose Reborn. So it's up to you guys to edit the links to your sites.

Nice launcher!But could you please tell me how to change the background so it says my server's name?I just need to know how to find the location of the background.

Open that PSD in the package (Launcher.psd) and edit it in Photoshop, then save the image when your done. Then in VB6, delete the background image and add in the one you just saved.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
By the way, I didn't edit any links, they all go to Rose Reborn. So it's up to you guys to edit the links to your sites.

Open that PSD in the package (Launcher.psd) and edit it in Photoshop, then save the image when your done. Then in VB6, delete the background image and add in the one you just saved.
Ah haha...I just thought of that just now!Thanks again!

but how to open it? to play

Rose Reborn is no longer available but if you want to configure it to make it work for your server, you'll have to use Microsoft Visual Basic.

You don't know me.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So many downloads for one little thing, that probably half the people that read this won't understand. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's possible to write guide ;

how correctly to install's launcher in client-game?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's possible to write guide ;

how correctly to install's launcher in client-game?

Well...your program is in /bin/Release so I guess you just move it into your Rose Online folder...but you should edit the codes first.If you have a messenger I can guide you.

So many downloads for one little thing, that probably half the people that read this won't understand. :)

There's only one download but like Akai said, this is for the pros...I can edit the launcher for you if you want.:)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well...your program is in /bin/Release so I guess you just move it into your Rose Online folder...but you should edit the codes first.If you have a messenger I can guide you.
Your wrong... When you debugging the program in Visual Basic, it will place your program in" /bin/Debug/".

HOW TO ENABLE ASP SUPPORT?
Why have the news system as a .asp-file, when WAMP5 or XAMPP doesn't support it?

HOW TO AUTO CLOSE LAUNCHER, WHEN STARTING GAME?:
When I click on game, it doesn't close the launcher. It's still running... How to fix that?
It's not hard to fix I guess, cause all the other launchers have that fix.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I dont understand you at all can some1 explain it more detailed??
(how to install the launcher)

Last edited:
Job Accomplished!
Reaction score
Your wrong... When you debugging the program in Visual Basic, it will place your program in" /bin/Debug/".

Why have the news system as a .asp-file, when WAMP5 or XAMPP doesn't support it?

When I click on game, it doesn't close the launcher. It's still running... How to fix that?

Obviously you have to install ASP Support into linux or use a Windows Server.
The files are pure html, only the extension was changed to asp.

Use the rose-on like system posted somewhere in the Release Section. It is in PHP.

Now if you have no idea how to add it, then I suggest you to read some tutorials.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Oooo sorry...not very smart at night...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Obviously you have to install ASP Support into linux or use a Windows Server.
The files are pure html, only the extension was changed to asp.

Use the rose-on like system posted somewhere in the Release Section. It is in PHP.

Now if you have no idea how to add it, then I suggest you to read some tutorials.
Thanks for the news system, but it wasn't that i mean... I mean:
When i start the game from my launcher, the launcher doesn't auto-close when game starts. This have to fix cause this gives me lag...

Job Accomplished!
Reaction score
Thanks for the news system, but it wasn't that i mean... I mean:
When i start the game from my launcher, the launcher doesn't auto-close when game starts. This have to fix cause this gives me lag...

I use a C++ launcher but I hope this helps you somewhat...

this->Close();

Try using this->Close(); after the start function in the vc code.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do i make it JUST to launch the .exe i am not using it for rose online tho... and i can't use the weblink thingies... The can't find page error keeps poping out... And on the shell command i tired to use Shell("l2.exe", 1) and it pops me out an error :p Looking forward to reply

Back