Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Problem with > 2 simultaneously connections on Win Server 2008 Web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys, well, I'm having a trouble here, and I've been searching everywhere for that.

My problem is, I can only access only 2 simultaneously connections on RDP (Windows Server 2008 Web).

I'd like to know how to put a higher number of the simultaneously connections, being in native ways or not, but preferenciably native.

If it's not possible, I'd like that at least the third user connect (and those 2 of these are connected), the third user to choice which of those 2 active users to be disconnected (I've messed up the configuration and I can't find where I did this), or to disconnect the inactive (afk's) users from the other two connected.

Thanks in advance
Droppy

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Start > Administrative Tools > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration

But I'd prefer to install teamviewer on the server computer as it kinda does what you described and is very easy to use =)

Reaction score
Start > Administrative Tools > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration

But I'd prefer to install teamviewer on the server computer as it kinda does what you described and is very easy to use =)

Tried it already, when I set it to more than two, it automactly backs into two... I think the RDP is only configured to the administration, not sure tho.

Any idea of what it might be?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Try this out

1. Log into the server using Remote Desktop.
  2. Open the start screen (press the Windows key) and type gpedit.msc and open it
  3. Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Connections.
  4. Set Restrict Remote Desktop Services user to a single Remote Desktop Services session to Disabled.
  5. Double click Limit number of connections and set the RD Maximum Connections allowed to 999999.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Copapasta:

You can also set the maximum number of simultaneous connections allowed for an RD Session Host server by applying the Limit number of connections Group Policy setting. This Group Policy setting is located in Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Connections and can be configured by using either the Local Group Policy Editor or the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC). Note that the Group Policy setting will take precedence over the setting configured in Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back