Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Not all 8GBs of ram is being used. && Dual Screen, 2nd monitor hard to read.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I currently have 8GB's of RAM on my PC. Everywhere I go it says I have 8.00 GB's of Installed Memory. But it also says (3.45GB usable). Says this in both System Information and in Task Manager. Was wondering what the problem is with this and how I can get my 4.55GB's back.

Windows 8.
HP Pavilion 15-n019wm Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) specs

I really don't know what else to state here. I just got done wiping my PC as a last resort since it needed to be done anyways. No luck.

64bit Windows 8 installed, 64 bit processor. If both sticks were not firmly installed, would it not pick them up? It picks them both up. Both had worked for a period of time and I do not know when they switched to 3.45 Useable, the rest being hardware reserved.

Either way I tried to reput them both in, same issue. I put one stick in, worked fine. Put the other in, works fine. (Both being 4GB sticks). Tried swapping Slot 1 with Slot 2 to have them in difference slots, and this did not work either.

I used a can of air inbetween trying each stick - Spray Slot 1, put stick in, spray slot 2, put in slot 2.

And, alas, did not work.

Thanks in advance!

~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~!!break!!~~

Video and such looks fine, but almost any form of text, including Desktop Icon's(the labels), are extremely hard to read. Hookup as follows:

HP Pavilion 15-n019wm Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) specs to a ... using a HDMI cord.

Have tried multiple HDMI cords, and attempting to messing around with my CataCPanel. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advanced!

Reaction score
Re: Not all 8GBs of ram is being used. && Dual Screen, 2nd monitor hard to read.

Try calibrating your screen.

Go task managar > Performance > screenshot.

Ain't an expertise in this hardware field.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: Not all 8GBs of ram is being used. && Dual Screen, 2nd monitor hard to read.

Memtest was ran with both sticks being placed into both slots, no faults.

Performance SS:
Memory:
CPU:
Disk:

My current toms hardware links.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2502765/8gbs-ram.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2502766/dual-screen-2nd-monitor-hard-read.html

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

The ram might be broken, try to remove them and test them one by one, if your pc doesn't boot them it means it's really broken else it might be something else.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

The ram might be broken, try to remove them and test them one by one, if your pc doesn't boot them it means it's really broken else it might be something else.

Have already tried this. Check my Toms Hardware Ram link for everything I have tried.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi

In msconfig under boot tab (Advanced options), is "Maximum memory" unchecked?
If it's checked then uncheck it, apply and restart your PC.

Back