Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ADSL2+ modem setup?

Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha we out-source our call-center to the US... goes to show just how much less they get paid than us lol.

They probably get half of what they would be paying staff here, and i bet it's still considered a decent wage :p

I found an australian number, Im happy nowz.
But yeah, There are indian call centres im pretty sure. Because werent there like 1000 people fired who, Were asked to train their indian replacements?
Yes, I am with bigpond.. Also mr imwithtesltra, Ive got a small bug for you i reckon you MIGHT be able to solve.
(WARNING, PAST HERE IS OFFTOPIC)
Ive currently got a technicolor wifi modem that is with bigpond.
Everyday last week it disconnected atleast once and one day over ten times.
Thing is, The computer is CONNECTED to the wifi through the lovely yellow cable :3
It also never did this with my simons speedstream modem, Which i was happy with :D.
Im just wondering why it happened thats all, Dont need you to look me up or anything.. Just need an explanation.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But yeah, There are indian call centres im pretty sure. Because werent there like 1000 people fired who, Were asked to train their indian replacements?
Yes, I am with bigpond.. Also mr imwithtesltra, Ive got a small bug for you i reckon you MIGHT be able to solve.
Thing is, The computer is CONNECTED to the wifi through the lovely yellow cable :3
It also never did this with my simons speedstream modem, Which i was happy with :D.
Im just wondering why it happened thats all, Dont need you to look me up or anything.. Just need an explanation.

update firmware for you modem, if that fails....
ask them to slow your connection... what i had to do with mine(couldnt handle adsl2+ only adsl2 tho it says otherwise on/in the modem)

on my last modem and connections.

Reaction score
Well is it using WiFi or the yellow (i'm assuming Ethernet) cable?
If you're using WiFi then it's most probably your wireless connection between modem -> PC which is dropping out. Could be either a modem issue or if you can't directly see your modem from your PC then there could be interference causing it to drop. Obstacles or structures in the way can obstruct WiFi signals, as can large bodies of water (having a bathroom or fishtank between them).
update firmware for you modem, if that fails....
ask them to slow your connection... what i had to do with mine(couldnt handle adsl2+ only adsl2 tho it says otherwise on/in the modem)

on my last modem and connections.
MAXTRAX looked at your line & tbh I'm not even sure if the ADSL has even been provisioned onto that line yet. I couldn't see any DSLAM details or cable path, nor was the line programmed with the ADSL codes. Looked at the case created in our system & the extremely vague case notes indicated that consultant also couldn't see the details (wasn't showing as an ADSL service for them). I did however see a commitment made for tomorrow (rather today since it's past midnight) which means Telstra's sending out a technician to check the exchange port & cabling all the way to the boundary point of your premises. By 7pm tomorrow the tech would have completed his job & contacted the case owner, if the ADSL is indeed missing from that line I'm certain they'll find it relatively easy.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well is it using WiFi or the yellow (i'm assuming Ethernet) cable?
If you're using WiFi then it's most probably your wireless connection between modem -> PC which is dropping out. Could be either a modem issue or if you can't directly see your modem from your PC then there could be interference causing it to drop. Obstacles or structures in the way can obstruct WiFi signals, as can large bodies of water (having a bathroom or fishtank between them).

MAXTRAX looked at your line & tbh I'm not even sure if the ADSL has even been provisioned onto that line yet. I couldn't see any DSLAM details or cable path, nor was the line programmed with the ADSL codes. Looked at the case created in our system & the extremely vague case notes indicated that consultant also couldn't see the details (wasn't showing as an ADSL service for them). I did however see a commitment made for tomorrow (rather today since it's past midnight) which means Telstra's sending out a technician to check the exchange port & cabling all the way to the boundary point of your premises. By 7pm tomorrow the tech would have completed his job & contacted the case owner, if the ADSL is indeed missing from that line I'm certain they'll find it relatively easy.

im on me asdl2+ right now, phones lines working as of 5mins ago thanks for you help.

Reaction score
im on me asdl2+ right now, phones lines working as of 5mins ago thanks for you help.

That's good, checked the case again last night & the field tech had to find a new cable path as the one you were assigned wasn't complete (ie your cable didn't run to the exchange it just stopped somewhere), probably hence why i was seeing no cable path & you weren't even getting a dial tone.

For a fault of that kind though, i'm surprised you git it fixed so fast... with TPG it took me 2 weeks just to get them to send their own tech out, who didn't complete the job, and 2 weeks later they sent out another one before they finally conceded & got a Telstra tech.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yes well ive herd some really bad stuff from TPG, my freind has to buy a new modem every few months becuase the phone line burns them out, but no one seem to understand this.

my phone line was given a new number yesterday with out us being told about and the line was deverted, for soem reson, so i called them up 6 times yesterday, its now been fixed.

Back