Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Alternatives for Team Viewer?

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I've been using Team Viewer for 5 years now and it's just like with Skype. Going down the hill like there's no tomorrow...

Starting with Version 8 it began to constantly freeze mine and other clients PCs and caused CPU overheat on older machines which eventually just shut down to protect themselves. How can a Remote Control software run heavier on your computer than any Game out there?

The new Version 12 is topping it all now:

• I can't do TV meetings with one friend anymore, cus his PC overheats after 30 minutes of using it.
  • With another friend, I can't use it for more than 5 minutes, because Team Viewer (for whatever reason) detects him as commercial user (it might be because there is "inc" in a part of his Machine name, which they could interpret towards "incorporated"). This is just a joke.. The TV meetings with him time out after 5 minutes...
  • Then even with disabled control for meeting participants, they can move my mouse by clicking randomly into the TV window. Yes, they have their click rights revoked, but TV doesn't care one bit.

So I'm searching for alternatives.

Ofc I can google, but I'd like to know what you guys are using, rather than the next advertised remote control tool on google. So what are you using? What are the benefits and deficits of these? Thanks in advance :)

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I've been using Team Viewer for 5 years now and it's just like with Skype. Going down the hill like there's no tomorrow...

Starting with Version 8 it began to constantly freeze mine and other clients PCs and caused CPU overheat on older machines which eventually just shut down to protect themselves. How can a Remote Control software run heavier on your computer than any Game out there?

The new Version 12 is topping it all now:

• I can't do TV meetings with one friend anymore, cus his PC overheats after 30 minutes of using it.
  • With another friend, I can't use it for more than 5 minutes, because Team Viewer (for whatever reason) detects him as commercial user (it might be because there is "inc" in a part of his Machine name, which they could interpret towards "incorporated"). This is just a joke.. The TV meetings with him time out after 5 minutes...
  • Then even with disabled control for meeting participants, they can move my mouse by clicking randomly into the TV window. Yes, they have their click rights revoked, but TV doesn't care one bit.

So I'm searching for alternatives.

Ofc I can google, but I'd like to know what you guys are using, rather than the next advertised remote control tool on google. So what are you using? What are the benefits and deficits of these? Thanks in advance :)

Windows remote desktop isn't an option?

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Hmmm unless it got some fancy meeting functionality with no control for participants over time I can't really use it. Searching for something with similar fancy poop to it. Most using it for presentation and not really for remote control :/

Thanks for the answer though!

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Just a little update, a Vietnamese friend suggested me an Vietnamese rip off TeamViewer. Analyzed and trojan checked it's not showing suspicious things, but it's kinda hilarious how much it looks like TV... xD

I've experienced some key mapping problems with it, together with some weird color bugs in DirectX games. However still more usable than TV these days for me.

Still need to test out join.me though, will give an update on that once I've tried

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Before I even knew about TV some years ago, I as using RealVNC not quite sure if it still around, you could give it a try, it does work on different platforms as well. What is good is that it can work even if both devices are not using the same OS, for example you can connect from a PC to Mac.

Back