Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Amazon EC2 problem. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi everybody. i'm using amazon ec2 service. there is a problem between public and private ip addresses on ec2 instance. my private ip address is shown as ipv4 address and some of my game servers is auto using this ip and cannot be connected from any pc, phone, tablet. how i can change or delete private ip? please help me about this problem

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I wish I could help you but I have no knowledge of this program :( I'm posting in hopes that someone who might know might chime in and assist you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wish I could help you but I have no knowledge of this program :( I'm posting in hopes that someone who might know might chime in and assist you.

Thanks. I bought vps in windows azure but there is the same problem :l

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well if it's not only that program then it's a settings problem with your configuration. I'm taking from your post that the LAN (local IP) keeps popping up on the server rather then the WAN (internet IP)?

Did it work before or is this a new setup? Did you change any Ethernet configurations at all? I'm assuming you have internet capabilities and connections on this machine correct?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not changed anything in the server. It's just mainly configured like that. Local ip is in the ipv4 address. And we have public ip for using. In the settings dhcp enabled

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Rishwin You know anything about this program? I'm in over my head a little :)

Reaction score
Hah soz for the late reply, poop you're a mod now Monolith lol grats.

Umm I'm not familiar with this Amazon EC2 but from the sounds of things (having the same issue on Azure or w/e) and from what Nikolen is saying it sounds like the issue here is simply a fundamental misunderstanding of IP addressing and how it's actually supposed to be working...

Your IPv4 address is always going to be your local internal IP address. He seems confused as to why it's not giving him another address (he's expecting WAN address?), but your local internal address is all it's ever going to give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back