ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,682Posts

Re: AMD Driver Issue.

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSeth View Post
    Well see getting money without my PC is a little hard but is Gtx 1060 better then asus rx 480?
    I haven't looked properly but I did a quick google for you and this guy is reputable for a source.

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,342Posts

Thank you. You may close the thread as im getting the rx 480 seems more like a future proof card. But the GTX 1060 does beat it in a lot of games rn.

But hopefully I can send r9 280xfx back for rma and sell it but im still getting a rx 480 thank you for all your help.

PM some time is cool to have people to talk to about technology.

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,342Posts

Alright everyone while having some free time from my school i found what causes this issue.

Hooking up multi monitors does cause the idle temps to bounce high. Before anyone gets mads yes it does. i have got a rx 580.

And when hooking up one monitor my Memory Clock would stay at 300 mhz because obv its not doing anything. And when you hook up
    your second monitor it will max out your memory mine went from 300 to 2000 cause temps to go from 28c to 60c idle.

And this is when you use two HDMI cables.

The only fix i have heard but haven't been able to try just yet. Is to use one monitor HDMI and other DVI.

Hope you all have a good day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement