Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Asus P8Z77-V LX2 USB 3.0 not working

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
[SOLVED] Asus P8Z77-V LX2 USB 3.0 not working

I've had this issue with my MOBO for 1 and a half year now and it's really getting annoying, as I can't use 2x USB 3.0 ports I have at the back of the computer nor can I use the 4x USB 3.0 ports that are on top of the case.

I have been googling around for solutions and I found someone talking about having to update USB 3.0 drivers. I did that, but it didn't solve the issue.
Aside from that, I really haven't found anything useful that would help me towards to solving this issue.

I've also checked that the USB 3.0 is in the Device Manager.
CPRwQee - Asus P8Z77-V LX2 USB 3.0 not working - RaGEZONE Forums

Could the issue be with the BIOS, as I haven't updated it ever and I think it's the first BIOS release that it's using? If it is BIOS, how easy it is to actually update it?

My PC info
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Asus P8Z77-V LX2
- Intel i5 2500K
- 4x4GB Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz CL9
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've had multiple issues with my USB 3.0 ports, and the solution that worked for me was factory resetting my computer, it wasn't ASUS but it worked.

All I did was put the important files on my memory stick (mostly school documents and music) then copied the files onto the computer after the reset completed.

That is the only solution I can think of.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've had multiple issues with my USB 3.0 ports, and the solution that worked for me was factory resetting my computer, it wasn't ASUS but it worked.

All I did was put the important files on my memory stick (mostly school documents and music) then copied the files onto the computer after the reset completed.

That is the only solution I can think of.
Well, I'm replacing one of my HDD's with SSD in the next few weeks, so I'll get to try reinstalling Windows. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Flashing BIOS is usually unnecessary.
With fresh Windows install, USB and Chipset drivers from (official site) should definitely make it work.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Flashing BIOS is usually unnecessary.
With fresh Windows install, USB and Chipset drivers from (official site) should definitely make it work.
Finally got SSD in my hands and was able to install Windows on it. You're right. Fresh windows and the USB drivers from Asus's website did make them work.
I guess the USB drivers on the CD were somehow different, as that's where I got them the first time?

Either way, solved.

Back