Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Black screen with moveble cursor

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
When i start my PC up wich i'm on now in Safe-Mode otherwise it doesn't work. I get a black screen with just a moveble cursor. CTRL+Alt+Del doesn't work. And system restart doesn't work either because it says there is something wrong with my hard disk.

Wich i think is pure shenanigans because i'm on my computer now, on safe-mode and everything works just fine but i have limitations. I don't have the Windows 7 CD because i bought this from lets say.. a independant computer dealer. It's legal though lol. But before buying all the CD's because i don't have that much to spend i want to try and fix it myself with some help of you guys.

So does anyone know what to do at this point?

- Joël

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can just grab a copy of the disc off torrent sites and burn one yourself. Works as long as you use a legit key. Plus you probably only have to do a repair of your OS installation

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Might be a virus keeping explorer.exe from starting...try this:

While at the black screen with cursor...press the shift key 5 times...you should hear a beep and a new window popup asking about sticky keys...

then click "Go to the ease of access center to disable the keyboard shortcut"

In the new window type c:\windows\ in the address bar....then find explorer.exe and double click it.

Clean the virus.

Back