Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Black screen while playing games

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

When i play games like FlyFF or Tera my screen randomly turns black while playing and on the screen it says digital/analog in the right corner. After that, my computer starts making sounds and i have to restart it.

I did some research and most people say it has to do with over-heating of my GPU.
I don't have much knowledge about technical stuff and wanted to ask if i can solve this problem easily without buying a new GPU?

Thank you in advance!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Computer specs including GPU?

If you want to narrow it down to see if it's overheating use

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Have you attempted cleaning your computer case? If it is an overheating issue, 90% of the time it is because the user does not maintain the computer.

Crack open the case and bring it outside.. use compressed air to blow it out. Do NOT use a vacuum, under any circumstance.

If this isn't the issue, it could very well be your monitor going out on you. This will cause a black screen as it toggles between HDMI/DVI or vice versa, could be a bad cable connection or a bad port.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you both for the answer.

I didn't clean my computer for a while, but i cleaned it yesterday and still got the same problem.
I'm almost sure it has to do with my GPU. A friend of mine got a simple GPU and will put it in my computer to see if the problem will still occur.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Have you attempted to updated your driver software to the latest version? Sometimes it's caused by driver failure. But it also could be related to the temperature. You can easily detect it if it's getting to hot by checking the temperature by hand my touching the case from the outside or my holding yourt hand next to the fan.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did the other GPU work with no issues?

Did you try the software I offered above and see what the temps are running at?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply.

My friend came to my house yesterday and tried the software to check the temps of the GPU.
It gave the same black screen as always. Then he took out the GPU and fully cleaned it and when he put it back in the problem was solved...
I don't get the black screen anymore.

So problem solved!

Back