Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How do I block someone from a WLan on Wifi?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have full access to the system and i want to disconnect a particular laptop from the WIFI, but the problem is that, I did block him before by using his Mac Address but currently he is now connected to a wire from the modem/router, and I can't anymore find his Mac Address and even blocking his Mac Address, he still access.

Help Please

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My magic glass sphere is telling me that ur router is garbage.

But serious, u expect help with zero​ infos about ur hardware? :rolleyes::congrats:

This is a pretty standard feature across all routers so no need to be a penis about it, you can actually help this guy without knowing the information. Would be nice though.

If you've already blocked the MAC address within the router then he shouldn't be able to access through WiFi or Ethernet cable, they share the same blacklist they (usually) aren't separate. The only thing I can think of since he is hiding / changing his MAC address is to add a "only accept connections from..." AKA a whitelist. So that only certain (manually entered) devices can connect. Which you should be able to do with most routers. Should automatically kick him off once you've enabled the whitelist, if not just give it a reboot.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty standard feature across all routers so no need to be a penis about it, you can actually help this guy without knowing the information. Would be nice though.

If you've already blocked the MAC address within the router then he shouldn't be able to access through WiFi or Ethernet cable, they share the same blacklist they (usually) aren't separate. The only thing I can think of since he is hiding / changing his MAC address is to add a "only accept connections from..." AKA a whitelist. So that only certain (manually entered) devices can connect. Which you should be able to do with most routers. Should automatically kick him off once you've enabled the whitelist, if not just give it a reboot.

I'm not exactly sure if he really did hide or changed his MAC address, because I have full confidence he doesn't know both of those things.

Also this is my ISP's Modem/Router panel, where it should show every devices connected and displays the MAC address. And the problem is that, if I don't disable his MAC address like presently now that he uses a ethernet cable, it won't show up from the list of devices connected, so I won't be able to get the source or rates of how much packets is being consumed from his laptop.

And this is the interface of listing the allowed and disabled devices through MAC

And currently I was thinking if it is possible to block him by knowing his IP address, which I've been trying to find a way like a couple of hours ago, like if it was possible to determine an IP address just from a MAC address.

Anyways I've never used this menu yet, but it has something about IPs, which I assumed, maybe I could block him using his current IP, which I don't have any clue.

Thank you for the help though!

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure if he really did hide or changed his MAC address, because I have full confidence he doesn't know both of those things.

Also this is my ISP's Modem/Router panel, where it should show every devices connected and displays the MAC address. And the problem is that, if I don't disable his MAC address like presently now that he uses a ethernet cable, it won't show up from the list of devices connected, so I won't be able to get the source or rates of how much packets is being consumed from his laptop.

And this is the interface of listing the allowed and disabled devices through MAC

And currently I was thinking if it is possible to block him by knowing his IP address, which I've been trying to find a way like a couple of hours ago, like if it was possible to determine an IP address just from a MAC address.

Anyways I've never used this menu yet, but it has something about IPs, which I assumed, maybe I could block him using his current IP, which I don't have any clue.

Thank you for the help though!

He's connected to your router he's being assigned an IP by your router therefore you'd be blocking yourself, lol.

Best option is to add your MAC address to the list of ALLOWED devices and then only allow from a whitelist (which you should be on) to block EVERYONE apart from yourself.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He's connected to your router he's being assigned an IP by your router therefore you'd be blocking yourself, lol.

Best option is to add your MAC address to the list of ALLOWED devices and then only allow from a whitelist (which you should be on) to block EVERYONE apart from yourself.

I think it got better now, but I'm not sure, it could probably be because his download is complete.

But I'm getting a perfect pings now from CMD, but whenever I visit sites though, I get one hoop of request timed out.

Reaction score
This is a pretty standard feature across all routers
Not by 5$ China garbage. Thats what most ISP like to send their Customers to lease. ;)

@TE Get a AVM Fritz!Box 7490 (god i love this piece of hardware), or when u can handle Open-WRT get a router who can run it.

Or even better to be on the safe side get a small PC (single core P4 or else) to install pFsense. This has what u might need. :call2:

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
WiFi and WLAN are actually the same thing. You might mean VLAN.

Back