Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What will be the cause if I stop the explorer.exe a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
Do there is no bad effect if I stop the explorer.exe for a week?

I have VPS and I will just stop the respond of explorer.exe to less the CPU usage. Do there is any bad effect or something?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You'll just lose your desktop for a week, won't be able to browse folders ect ect...Don't think it will cause damage to the system.

Reaction score
No there is no "bad" if you end explorer.exe
Make sure you start everything before killing it , things you started will run in the background , you can switch with Alt+Tab , and everything will be fine.

You can re-start it any time by typing "explorer" in a Run box , and hitting "Enter".

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can re-start it any time by typing "explorer" in a Run box , and hitting "Enter".

depending on what ever you have ALT + CTRL + DEL then on taskmanger click run/open and type: explorer.exe or c:
on new windows just opens a folder explorer, if you type explorer.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I always close it whenever windows becomes a penis and decides to leave a white box with the name of the application over it once I hover my mouse cursor OFF it :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do there is no bad effect if I stop the explorer.exe for a week?

I have VPS and I will just stop the respond of explorer.exe to less the CPU usage. Do there is any bad effect or something?
Nothing will happen. To re-run explorer.exe, all you have to press is Win+R and type in "explorer.exe" without the quotations.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it will not effect your system but you just can't see your desktop , start menu , etc2.. I always kill explorer.exe when my pc lagging ~

Reaction score
stupid explorer.exe is like the wild memory hog, and yap it cant affect your system as he said tho it will remove like the windows bar, frames etc. :)

Sent from iPhone via

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back