Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

how do i clean the inside of my pc?

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Compressed air ONLY, do NOT use anything else or your either going to pull a lose component off and suck it up your vacuum or your going to fry your components via static, only use compressed air that is particle free.
If there are loose components you should've removed them first, since there aren't supposed to be any.

As for static, most of it's a myth, and unless the air is unusually dry, nothing will happen.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If there are loose components you should've removed them first, since there aren't supposed to be any.

As for static, most of it's a myth, and unless the air is unusually dry, nothing will happen.

Well, your not exactly going to suck your brand new 8800GTX up the hoover are you? I'm talking about lose parts such as electrical capacitors, yeah, I had that problem, knocked one off my 6800 and then it wouldnt run 3D apps. Had to resolder it back on myself. Other than that, static is not a myth :) Its unlikely to happen but its not worth taking the risk

Reaction score
Well, your not exactly going to suck your brand new 8800GTX up the hoover are you? I'm talking about lose parts such as electrical capacitors, yeah, I had that problem, knocked one off my 6800 and then it wouldnt run 3D apps. Had to resolder it back on myself. Other than that, static is not a myth :) Its unlikely to happen but its not worth taking the risk

Unless you are using a 4hp vacume you shouldn't even be able to suck off a cap. If they are loose enough to be sucked off by a weak 12amp house vacume then it wouldn't matter as they wouldn't have proper contact to teh board to begin with thus they are not even working.

Never the less vacumes are bad since they do generage a lot of static discharge.

And username1 have you ever vacumed before? Just feel the damn hose after a min of useage. It's full of static.

NoPeace - out

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And username1 have you ever vacumed before? Just feel the damn hose after a min of useage. It's full of static.
Must be very dry where you are. It's always moist here.

Regarding loose components, remember that when you vacuum you're not supposed to rub into the surface, just skim over the top.
mazo said:
knocked one off
That's why it came off, because you hit it.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I clean and use carborateur cleaner on my heatsinks, I always run a blow dryer over it after its been cleaned with warm water.. gets it hot as all hell, but it dries it as well.

ANd for those of you who don't know, the number one best method for removing compound from a heatsink, is Carbeurator Cleaner.. you can use all the rubbing alcohol you like, but as soona s you spray the cleaner on it, it literally wipes off in seconds. Somethign not many know ;) And yes, it is perfectly safe.. just try to do it ONLY on the heatsink, and not any part of the motherboard/hardware pieces :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's why it came off, because you hit it.

Yes, I purposely punched right into the resistor and hit it off. I didnt even notice It had come off due to it basically just falling off at a tiny touch. It was only when i tried running my pc and checking the card over that I realised.

Reaction score
I just take everything apart, get all the dust loose with an old toothbrush, blow the excess dust off, take a very lightly damp rag and wipe everything down.

Reaction score
When I clean and use carborateur cleaner on my heatsinks, I always run a blow dryer over it after its been cleaned with warm water.. gets it hot as all hell, but it dries it as well.

ANd for those of you who don't know, the number one best method for removing compound from a heatsink, is Carbeurator Cleaner.. you can use all the rubbing alcohol you like, but as soona s you spray the cleaner on it, it literally wipes off in seconds. Somethign not many know ;) And yes, it is perfectly safe.. just try to do it ONLY on the heatsink, and not any part of the motherboard/hardware pieces :)

Tooth paste also gets it off with the utmost ease but if you are doing it you'll probally want to do both the HSF and CPU at the same time and the best you an really use on the CPU is alcohol. =P

NoPeace - out

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Just try not to get any of it on your hands or breathe the fumes. It's toxic.

Toothpaste is good for polishing the bottom of the heatsink BTW...

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually.. the toothpaste is good for polishign many thigns as well :) It has a great way of filling all the microscopic holes if you let it sit for a few minutes and wipe it off.

THe only good way to use the carberator (I cant figure out how to spell it right.. damnit.. lol) is to lightly spray it on a rag in the corner and immediatly start wiping off the cpu.. definatly dont want to spray directly onto it.

Usually what I use afterwards to buff and clean it up, is a soft non-dandruff type cloth.. like sheepskin or somethign along those lines.. and then sit and rub and rub and rub to get it mirror polished.. then optionally you can finish it off wiht toothpaste :)

Nasty By Nature.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Holy poop, my computer is out of commision at the moment but because the case is completly see through I can count at least 20 flies and a poop load of dust. I just give it to my dad and he does it all normally, ha good excuse that i'll screw it up! :D

-Mattio

Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score
I personally dont clean my pc, or i occassionally blow in it, that does help a bit, I treat it like super crap cos it overheats cos i built it r-tardedly n it just wont die :'(

Back