Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Right click crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Ok so right clicking on my desktop kills Windows Explorer. Does it in safe mode too. Can right click in my browsers, on files in my user folder, but not my desktop. I suspect dead RAM but not sure how this would work since I have 8GB. Also running Win7. Tried a few techniques including one involving clearing out some menu options or something from my registry. Help :(

edit: should also note CPU-Z is only picking up 2 cores and 2 threads for my quad core Core i5 2500K

edit2: it only crashes explorer when I right click empty desktop space

Ok so I've fixed it, so for future reference for anyone having this issue download ShellExView: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

It's third party handlers that seem to be the most common issue. Mines was some software provided by Asus for my graphics card. Disabling non-Microsoft handlers one by one and then testing seems to be the way to go. Happy troubleshooting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back