Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CloudScout Malware [HELP - Emergency]

Reaction score
Hey guys, well this is rather peculiar. I've been dealing with this problem for the past week now, and mind you, I've tried almost everything under the sun to try and get rid of this annoying mother fu**ing virus/malware, or whatever the bloody hell it is!

It all started when I was downloading programs VIA torrents, I am unaware as to what EXACTLY started this epidemic, but whatever it was, screw you! Now, mind you, I'm not a newbie or anything to computers; but this has me completely stunned.

When I first noticed it, I didn't think much of it, until it started running random pop-up ads here and there, and instead of going to a link I clicked, it would take me to a page full of advertisements.. Oh the pain :glare:

That's when I took action, I had searched online how to remove this pesky intruder, but to no avail. I have tried multiple anti-viruses, malware programs, you name it - it just doesn't get detected?

So heck, I go to the full length and start manually checking over my installed programs, even downloaded this task manager which showed me every running app, and what it does (what DLL files it uses, and all that technical mumbo-jumbo) - but still, I found nothing, at all!

It gets to the point where, I say fu*k all my storage, so I fully erase my SSD & Harddrive, and re-install Windows, clean.. That was until I downloaded Chrome, and logged into my Google account; some how, it was back again? How the absolute mother fu.... WOW. It was back, yet again.. It was like, immortal!

Well, since I was angry as hell, I thought I'd just go out, watch a movie, and sort it all out when I come back home - so yeah, I was out, doing my thing, checking the movie sessions on my phone; when BAM! There it fu**ing is again, this time on my bloody mobile, my BRAND NEW, 1 WEEK OLD Galaxy Note 4 (KitKat 4.4.4, Google Chrome).. I quite literally threw my phone, how on earth does this poop happen?

Long story short, I put the pieces together; I charge my phone VIA USB cable to my computer, so maybe somehow the virus has found its way into my phone? I don't even know, and then my second theory it has something to do with my Google account and Chrome; but only thing is, this time (my 4th time re-installing windows, and first time setting my phone to factory settings) the virus came back on its own? But how? I've tried to keep my phone and computer distant, but some how, it keeps finding its way back, I am completely lost as to where to start looking.

This may not mean anything, but I tether my phone for internet (WiFi) to my desktop, but I don't see how the virus can intrude in such a way? I am going to continue to diagnose this further, and see what I can come up with.. If anyone has any insight, please, help me!

Oh, well, this is awkward.. But when I connect to my brothers hotspot, (after clearing cache) the ads go away, but as soon as I connect to my WiFi, they come back (and if I connect back to my brothers WiFi and clear my browser settings they go)

I never expected it to be my phone, but this leads me to say how the heck do I remove it from my phone when I've already factory reset it, along with running malware scans/anti-virus scans on it (using apps)

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Open your Wifi under settings...tap and hold your preferred wifi connection then select "Edit"....this might open an advanced options menu where you can view your DNS....or it might not....this seems to be hit or miss with WP8.1. From what I have read about this malware is it hijacks your DNS and sets it to their own DNS then routes all your traffic through their site to add all the ads.

One other thing I have read numerous times is that 3 factory resets in a row seem to fix a lot of issues on Windows phones when 1 reset doesn't do it...thats always worth a shot.

Back