Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Computer keeps freezing.

Reaction score
I've had this computer for about 2-3 years now, and its finally starting to show its age. The only big problem i have with it is it freezes randomly. Its mostly when I'm watching videos while I have other tabs open in my browser. It doesn't matter if its from a media player or from the web it just randomly (Not always) freezes while I'm watching them. What could be the cause of it freezing And to clarify when i say freeze i mean i need to manually restart the computer because its frozen on a video, which locks up the whole computer and stays that way until you restart it.

Ati Radeon HD 5450
amd athlon(tm) II x4 640

Pretty sure thats all the hardware specs you need since it deals with video.

Reaction score
try to reformat your computer mate, i think your computer have a virus.

because in my experience i encountered that kind of problem if my computer have some viruses especially trojans.

Reaction score
I have Plenty of protection from viruses and have weekly checks ran on my system. I'll try your advice, but I'm pretty sure its a hardware problem.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Try Malwarebytes and scan it with that. It is more exact.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Try a reformat first? Is that seriously being recommended? A reformat is the LAST thing you should EVER have to resort to. RAM would be nice to see too btw. And are you running Windows 7? Windows 7 comes with what's called "Reliability Monitor" which provides a somewhat detailed history of system critical events, errors and other warnings and provides technical details about them. Check out the information against your application crashing, see what it says and report back.

Reaction score
- Malware bytes scan in safe mode
- Check Event viewer for any obvious critical errors
- Try to replicate the issue with task manager open on processes tab, so when it freezes you can see what's using your resources
- Try taking out 1 RAM stick. If no improvement replace it & take out the other.
- If none of that has worked, only THEN would i consider a format, and even then only if i had -NO IDEA- what was causing it

Back