Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Computer is running but no signal

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I just completed building my own PC, but it seems that everyone is working fine but I get 'No Signal' at my monitor. There is no BIOS Beeps or whatever. GPU HDD CPU everyone is running (makes sound and fans are rotating).

How can I solve this problem, my monitor worked before I started building.

Thank you guys!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
System specs would be helpful.

Other than that, did you try a different monitor? Does the computer have onboard video? If so, the bios may be defaulting to that, and will stay that way until you change it in the bios, which requires you to start off with onboard video until you change it.

Reaction score
actually no, it wouldn't he/she explained all we needed to know right there.

actually, no. system specs are ALWAYS needed, how else are you going to find out if his motherboard is even supposed to be beeping? or if his CPU or motherboard has integrated graphics? smartass.

- re-check all PSU connections to motherboard
- does the motherboard have any LED lights on it? are they on?
- if you have an optical drive, can you open/close it?
- put your hand on your mechanical HDD, can you feel it spinning?
- if yes to the above 2 - if CPU/mobo has integrated GPU, try mobo's VGA/DVI port

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So because of something that could be as simple as a loose connection, he should toss it and buy a new one? Damn, I'd hate to have you repair my stuff, it would get unnecessarily expensive very quick.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So because of something that could be as simple as a loose connection, he should toss it and buy a new one? Damn, I'd hate to have you repair my stuff, it would get unnecessarily expensive very quick.

or try another one, DAMM i hate to see you use your brain, and think with it, do you even know what the word "may" means?

Reaction score
insult me more.

So he provided almost ZERO info, zero system specs, but you are happy that your "get a new [monitor]" will fix his problem which is why you don't require any more info? I really should have insulted you more. You literally said that system specs would NOT be helpful and you have all the info you need right there in his post. Really?

You said it MAY be a resolution problem, you never said he MAY need a new monitor. You just told him to get a new one. So troubleshooting doesn't really matter, we'll just tell him to replace parts till it starts working? Do YOU even know what the word "may" means?

People come here for help because they need it. They obviously aren't able to troubleshoot it themselves. You tell them to buy a new monitor, they will. They may have another one sitting right next to them, but someone who apparently knows what they are talking about told them they need to test with a NEW one so that's what they'll do. The point is to SAVE them money, if we were just going to waste it unnecessarily then every thread would be resolved with "take it to a PC store".

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
why didnt you post something?

So he provided almost ZERO info, zero system specs, but you are happy that your "get a new [monitor]" will fix his problem which is why you don't require any more info? I really should have insulted you more. You literally said that system specs would NOT be helpful and you have all the info you need right there in his post. Really?

You said it MAY be a resolution problem, you never said he MAY need a new monitor. You just told him to get a new one. So troubleshooting doesn't really matter, we'll just tell him to replace parts till it starts working? Do YOU even know what the word "may" means?

People come here for help because they need it. They obviously aren't able to troubleshoot it themselves. You tell them to buy a new monitor, they will. They may have another one sitting right next to them, but someone who apparently knows what they are talking about told them they need to test with a NEW one so that's what they'll do. The point is to SAVE them money, if we were just going to waste it unnecessarily then every thread would be resolved with "take it to a PC store".

meh i wrote in a rush, get over it.

maybe your monitor cant handle the rez, or you need to switch the video card input to the motherbord(if it has one) and manuly change the setting in the bios to disable on bord video card, if none of that worked, you maybe installed something wrong, in that case we would need more info about the parts you have. happy?

sorry for assuming people had brains.

Back