Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Corporate VPN with Remote Desktop

Reaction score
I work from home a few times a week and use a Corporate VPN to connect to my remote desktop. The problem I have is the VPN replaces my entire connection so I'm always going through the corporate connection.

I use Cisco Vpn client 5.0.07 - I'd like the connection to just affect my remote desktop rather than my entire connection.

Would this be possible - I've gone through all setting and nothing works.

I also have an account with Astrill VPN - any possible way of making this work with a specific browser?

Thanks guys/gals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well for me i use Browser VPN - Hola or maybe Proxy Tunnels.

But i get ya what you mean. It takes the whole connections.
and.. i followed this tutorial.
It works

Reaction score
Not really, no.. Use putty to open a SOCKS proxy, set your browser to connect locally to that port. You'll still go through the corporate connection initially but browser traffic will be directed through your proxy.

Otherwise there is no way to do what you're wanting because Windows VPNs just don't operate this way.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Moved post to proper area :)

Reaction score
Not really, no.. Use putty to open a SOCKS proxy, set your browser to connect locally to that port. You'll still go through the corporate connection initially but browser traffic will be directed through your proxy.

Otherwise there is no way to do what you're wanting because Windows VPNs just don't operate this way.

Thanks for the reply - I'll give that a shot.

Specifically I'd like to be able to run Steam and some games in the background - this VPN seems to block my connection for any game. When I'm at work it's not a problem connecting but this damn VPN.

I should built another PC..

Back