Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

External GPU?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just found out that it is possible to get an external GPU for my laptop and what are those devices that I need for me to connect an external GPU? And is every HDMI compatible with such devices?

Let's just say that I'm gonna buy the latest Nvidia GPU GTX 980 could it be use as an external GPU? And is it compatible to any laptop as a long they have HDMI?

Reaction score
If you can afford any external GPU, you can most probably afford a decent rig (laptop or desktop) that will perform at the same level as an external GPU.

In my experience external GPU's are only used when extreme processing power is required, like batch rendering for production type animation or finite element analyses for physics based calculations.

If you have the money to throw around, contact NVidia and ask them about their available external GPU options.

It's not a cheap option, as you probably already know.

Last edited:
Back