Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Fixed]google keep opening when .exe files open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, I've been opening .exe files lately, and everytime I do it opens a google chrome and if not, it spams google chrome. I checked into the files to find this file description as in a file duplicate.
"(File application name) srv.exe"
vorn - [Fixed]google keep opening when .exe files open? - RaGEZONE Forums

that is the file description of it.
Though, this maybe because of the private server that it needs a srv file to host to the private server host.
I'm not sure, when I deleted the file it returns after opening said .exe file. This may or may not be the cause, I'm not positive. It maybe of some help.
I open up an exe file and I find (based on the game's file amount) a bunch of google chrome's opening. Of course, I have to use task manager to end the service tree. Frankly, I'm tired of it and what it to stop, tried googling it and there was nothing even slightly related to the issue. So, I'm resorting here after me not finding anything to it. Thanks for the answers/help

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: google keep opening when .exe files open?

Is this all exe files or just specific ones? You made it sound like a server you're trying to play has their client doing this, in which case you'd need to bring it up with the owner of the server.

If this happens with all exe files on your system, a full scan using the free version of malwarebytes is a good place to start.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah, it's with all exe, so maybe I should scan. I didn't trust AVG because all it really did was take 3 hours to scan and give me no conclusion of viruses, and programs that AREN'T a virus, it deletes it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks a bunch, it helped with the issue, now I don't have to worry about over populated google chromes opening while i'm gaming

Reactions: Ron
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back