Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GeForce 6800

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello. I bought new graphics card. "SPARKLE nVidia GeForce 6800".

The first problem is that it don't looks like in web. Well, my videocard looks like from inside, but the specs are more like .

Games like "Gothic3", Oblivion is kinda laggy and fps is not more then some 25-30. It really suck, but i just thinking... Can i somhow inprove my videocard specs and make games such as gothic3 and oblivion run faster ?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is your motherboard drivers up to date and is the agp running right and is the video card drivers up to date and whats your RAM.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what did u expect from a 2 year old graphick card.....

to run oblivion and gothic 3 on max with good fps ull need a 7900 gt or x1900 gt or something close to them

the 6xxx series will never run it on max setting with good fps

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I said that i ran that games on max ? Read before posting.

Where can i get some motherboard drivers ? I have updated video card drivers, but my motherboard and i don't know how to know does my agp is running correctly. Can you show me where can i download exactly where can i download them.

My motherboard is nVidia too. And my ram is 1Gb. Where can i know exactly what model of motherboard i have ?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I also have a Geforce 6800 that has unlocked pixel pipelines and vertex shaders + overclocked yet it still lags. You bought an outdated card and have to live with what it gives you on next-gen games.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I said that i ran that games on max ? Read before posting.

Where can i get some motherboard drivers ? I have updated video card drivers, but my motherboard and i don't know how to know does my agp is running correctly. Can you show me where can i download exactly where can i download them.

My motherboard is nVidia too. And my ram is 1Gb. Where can i know exactly what model of motherboard i have ?

u dident say anything so i can only assume u ment that....
fine smartass even on medium to low setting it will lag
how do u expect to run a game that's only a few months old smoothly on a graphick cards that is more then 2 years old ....

and another thing nvidea dozent make motherboards....
and offcorse ull lag when u only have 1 gig of ram and agp with game's like oblivion and gothic 3

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, what nForce is then?

On-topic: Imo, 6800 is not actual now, when Vista is like two months from coming out, and Dx 10 kicks in.

Yes, but graphics card with DX10 support is like 1500$ And i just can't afford that. OK, so maybe u can tell me where to download those stupid drivers for my motherboard ? :sombrero2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, what nForce is then?

On-topic: Imo, 6800 is not actual now, when Vista is like two months from coming out, and Dx 10 kicks in.

lol nforce is only the chipset.....
nvidea dozent make motherboards

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
go to the guru 3d forums

i also have a 6800 and while it isnt the most powerful card out there, it certainly doesnt suck as bad as yur saying.
Check guru 3d and find out if your model of card can have its pipes unlocked using riva tuner. THe 6800s are pretty great over clockers, so do that.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I downloaded "sandra" softwares and it shows that my mainboard chipset is "nVidia nForce2 ICP". Do i need to search drivers for that model ?

Reaction score
Yes, but graphics card with DX10 support is like 1500$ And i just can't afford that. OK, so maybe u can tell me where to download those stupid drivers for my motherboard ? :sombrero2

no, the nvidia 8800gts is $499, so you're 1k off :p. You realize you can buy a top-of-the-line computer for less and 2 grand...(no sli, though :p)

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually, I have run Oblivion on my computer through my 6800 while it was overclocked and not overclocked.. the key to getting good speeds on the game is to completely remove all the grass and lower shadows settings. Those kill on any game, and with Gothic 3, try to limit any type of ambient light and shadows, those really kill on that game as well.

I play both of them and I am pulling a good 50 fps constant through it, even on oblivion I can hit 50 in the outdoors with the settings tweaked a bit, and not having to stare down at fully low or medium settings either.

The 6800 GT is still a great card to run, well worth the price, and it will still be good for another half a year or year. Its a good buy :) Which is why Im still stickign with it. I can run BF 2142 no problem at highest settings in 1280x1024/960

Reaction score
u dident say anything so i can only assume u ment that....
fine smartass even on medium to low setting it will lag
how do u expect to run a game that's only a few months old smoothly on a graphick cards that is more then 2 years old ....

and another thing nvidea dozent make motherboards....
and offcorse ull lag when u only have 1 gig of ram and agp with game's like oblivion and gothic 3

Lol you are such a smart butt yourself.

To be technical nVidia doesn't even make graphics cards. For many years MSI has been making the cards for them and now ASUS is making the new ones.

But they do design motherboards. EVGA, ECS, and BFG makes boards identical to that of what nVidia designs.

lol nforce is only the chipset.....
nvidea dozent make motherboards

They do design them you know. Just like graphics cards. They don't make them but they design them.

And don't expect mericals from an old cards. Thoes scores are great for that card.

My setup is dual x1900XTX's and a C2D e6700 and I'm lucky to hit 60-70 at max settings with 12x10 resolution.

And that's a $4000+ computer. Don't expect mericles with a cheap computer and new games. Even I don't get high scores with top stuff.

NoPeace - out

Back