Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GPU With APU Problem.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone today i have a problem. I'm running in a few errors with my motherboard i currently had my AMD Fx6300 CPU mess up and my motherboard got burn up due to not enough power. I'm using a

• 1000W EVGA PSU Gold
  • R9 280 XFX 3GB Black Card.
  • A4-7300 APU 3.8 GHZ Dual Core
  • 16 GB Ram
  • ECS A55F2-M3 MotherBoard

Okay so the problem is when i put the graphic card in the PCIE slot and put all the pin connectors to power the graphic card and i hook up the hdmi to it. And start up the pc i get no signal. When i unhook just one 6 pin connector and hook up the hdmi to the onboard graphic i get a signal. No matter what i have tried i can't get the gpu to work. I don't know what cause the issue. About a week ago the gpu work in one of my cases and when i went to move it to my main case it no longer work.

What have i tried? Different Pin Connectors. Tried Setting The Graphics In The Bios To PCI Express While GPU was unhook tried disabling APU Graphics through device manger but no matter what i still get no signal.

It can't be a faulty graphic card cause it just worked a week ago and when i moved it to my new case it would not get a signal.

The one thing i have notice is my pc has been acting weird when i go to try to install AMD drivers and the HDMI display is about to install my pc gets BSOD with this error atikmdag.sys And i haven't been able to fix that either i hooked up HDMI and VGA Neither Worked.

Also i forgot to mention when i do have the pin connectors hook up all the lights come on and the fans do spin on the gpu.

If anyone could share some ideas it would be appericated.

Thank You,

Last edited:
"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Couple of tasks / ideas for you;

1. Verify that in your BIOS that your PCI-E slot(s) are enabled.
  2. Revert any overclocks so everything is back to stock.
  3. Test the GPU in a completely different machine to ensure it's not a hardware fault on the GPU side.
  4. Make sure all the GPU power requirements are met. By this I mean cables are correctly connected.
  5. You could also try completely reverting all BIOS changes to the default manufacturer ones.
  6. Make sure the Integrated GPU in the APU is disabled in the BIOS.
  7. Make sure the drivers are the latest. If you have issues with the latest (the ones they released with the new UI), use the previous ones.
  8. Make sure all the wires in the case are correctly hooked up to the components.

Let me know if none of those work.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Couple of tasks / ideas for you;

1. Verify that in your BIOS that your PCI-E slot(s) are enabled.
  2. Revert any overclocks so everything is back to stock.
  3. Test the GPU in a completely different machine to ensure it's not a hardware fault on the GPU side.
  4. Make sure all the GPU power requirements are met. By this I mean cables are correctly connected.
  5. You could also try completely reverting all BIOS changes to the default manufacturer ones.
  6. Make sure the Integrated GPU in the APU is disabled in the BIOS.
  7. Make sure the drivers are the latest. If you have issues with the latest (the ones they released with the new UI), use the previous ones.
  8. Make sure all the wires in the case are correctly hooked up to the components.

Let me know if none of those work.

• 1.I don't think this bio is that advance.
  • 2.I never overclocked it the stock is 3.8 ghz i once underclock it but reclocked it back to 3.8ghz
  • 3.It worked perfect in my old motherboard with my AMD FX6300
  • 4.I have all cables hooked in perfect 6pin+2pin+8pin With a 1000W PSU
  • 5.Default bios did not work i updated to the manufacturer bios yesterday still nothing
  • 6.Again you can not find that in this bios Here Is There Web:
  • 7.I got some drivers like display catalayst manager from the manufacturer web but still nothing.
  • 8.I do not have it in the case i have it out of the case in order for it to be eaiser to test and move wires around.

If your talking about between pci and pcie i set pcie in the bios and restarted pc and hook up hdmi still same result.

When i had my AMD FX6300 it worked perfect but once i hook it into this motherboard with this apu it dis agrees....

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
We need your motherboard model. Also please check your bios version, they tend to come outdated once you buy them from the shop.

Back