Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hdd

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
so,i have a Western digital HDD 500 gb
scandisk first show 4 kb bad sectors on april 13
then 8 on august,now 16
hdd regenerator found and repaired 7,rescanned to check if everything went allright with WD and HDD regenerator tools,all checks (QUICK and LONG) ok and SMART ok no bad sectors
after that sea tools,nothing
linux puppy(on my old 10 gb hdd IDE) gparted found the 4 kb bad but nothing
but Windows 8.1 chkdsk marks 16 or 32 everytime i scan
which one should i trust?

Reaction score
Bad sectors as long as i knew it when your precious drive have it. It cannot be repaired anymore. Lets just call it a scratch for example on a CD ROM. When you scratch its surface it cannot be repaired right? Thats the cons of a standard hard drive.. But when you use SSD that worries will not come along anymore. So i suggest to you that start on using SSD no more moving parts and much much faster

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Ervs 1 solid hdd here cost 4000 i cannot afford it...with the current importation blockade of my country every single electronic thing that comes from exterior has a high tax rate
still not the answer i expected but thanks anyway

i need to know which scan is the good one,i mostly believe more in gparted more than the others

Back