Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help needed!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I dunno if this is in the right section or whatever but I need help. I recently scratched my BlackOps1 disk when my xbox dropped on its side, is there anything I can do to mend it? e.g. install it or any methods for removing the scratch?

Thanks

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Hello,

I dunno if this is in the right section or whatever but I need help. I recently scratched my BlackOps1 disk when my xbox dropped on its side, is there anything I can do to mend it? e.g. install it or any methods for removing the scratch?

Thanks

Perhaps this should be in the repair bay? They'd know how to fix it more than anyone, I assume.
Alternatively you could go and get a store like GAME or CEX (Dependent on your location) to do it for you. I believe they simply put it in a machine, having it come out looking good as new. (And hopefully working as good as new, too).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Perhaps this should be in the repair bay? They'd know how to fix it more than anyone, I assume.
Alternatively you could go and get a store like GAME or CEX (Dependent on your location) to do it for you. I believe they simply put it in a machine, having it come out looking good as new. (And hopefully working as good as new, too).

Yeah both of them shops are in my area. Thanks for taking time to reply.. (you was the only one haha!)

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They might be able to re-surface the disk if the scratch isn't deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks

the only ways is to install someone elses copy to your HDD on your xbox then use your own dsic for the cd key and it will work fine.
i did this with my street fighter game, i just rented it out and copyed to my HDD and inserted my disc and still works.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Disk Doctor is a cheap good thing to have at home if you use disks alot. Can fix alot of scratches.

&

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies and I just going to borrow it off my mate and install it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is why you buy a gaming PC and crack every game you have, or rely on Software such as Steam for your games.
And if you really want that Halo game, just port it.

Wrong topic to hate on xbox, just thought I'd mention this as a form of "don't repeat the same mistake twice".

Your question was answered above, you can try and repair your disk if the scratches are not too deep or not too wide - using any form of disk repair kit.
Also, you can use toothpaste (yes, toothpaste) and put a dab onto the disk and run it around the disk in a counter- or clockwise fashion to grind down the scratches and smoothen out the surface of the disk... Just don't forget to wash off the toothpaste afterwards, this will cause further issues.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Once I moved my Xbox slightly because it was in the way of screen and it absolutely destroyed the disk. I had to purchase a new copy of Black Ops as i couldn't resolve it. But good luck though :)

Back