Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help: Dim half o the screen

Vous Pas Reel
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So one day I noticed that my computer screen was dirty. So I decided that I should probably clean it, as an idiot would do I sprayed my screen with windex. Now half of the screen is dimmed.

I was wondering if there would be a way to make the right half of the screen dimmer, to match the other side?

Google my name...
Reaction score
Without some sort of fancy overlay program (Which I have never heard an existence of) I'd say you just need to invest in a new screen and not in future spray it with anything, ever.

Sorry!

All the best,
Richard Komakech.

Reaction score
I would assume not, as I would imagine the computer is just relaying what color each pixel is supposed to be to the monitor. The brightness level of the screen is controlled by the monitor, and I have never heard of a monitor that allows different brightness levels for different sections of the screen.

The only think I can think of is an application that somehow hooks onto what the computer is relaying to the monitor and modifying a certain area's pixels to have a brighter color, i.e. closer to white. But even if that was possible, it would probably just be further detrimental to your scenario rather than in any way beneficial.

Google my name...
Reaction score
I would assume not, as I would imagine the computer is just relaying what color each pixel is supposed to be to the monitor. The brightness level of the screen is controlled by the monitor, and I have never heard of a monitor that allows different brightness levels for different sections of the screen.

The only think I can think of is an application that somehow hooks onto what the computer is relaying to the monitor and modifying a certain area's pixels to have a brighter color, i.e. closer to white. But even if that was possible, it would probably just be further detrimental to your scenario rather than in any way beneficial.

Basically what I said in more technical terms that makes me look stupid :D

Yet again Timebomb you have a like from me. Stop being too clever..!

All the best,
Richard Komakech.

Reaction score
I think he means that the windex fucked up his screen somehow (never heard of this ever happening), and wants the brightness to be changed on half so it appears to be normal. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unplug your screen, take a dishcloth, run it under a tap and squeeze out as much water as you can, then frequently clean your screen and let it dry for at least 24 hours. The water that actually stick to the screen should evaporate.

If this doesn't work, then I'm sorry to tell ya; you'll need a new screen.

Only use commercial Monitor cleaning for your screen or else this will happen =)

Reaction score
Unplug your screen, take a dishcloth, run it under a tap and squeeze out as much water as you can, then frequently clean your screen and let it dry for at least 24 hours. The water that actually stick to the screen should evaporate.

If this doesn't work, then I'm sorry to tell ya; you'll need a new screen.

Only use commercial Monitor cleaning for your screen or else this will happen =)

If this doesn't work, throw your monitor into a barrel of rice for a week.

Last edited:
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of someone ruining their monitor (let alone only half of it for that matter lol) by spraying windex on it to clean it, I'm not calling you a liar at all I'm just saying that's kinda weird lol If one side is dim and one is regular there's really not much you can do about it, as it sounds like the windex possibly screwed with the physical electronics of the monitor. As suggested you'd probably just be best to get a new monitor :\

Back