Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] help to get rid of the ask search toolbar

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm troubled with ask search toolbar, it is difficult to get rid of it, i also ask this for help, someone give me a removal guide link, But it requires to download sth, so can someone know whether it is reliable? , and my OS is windows 7, Please help!

Reaction score
Re: help to get rid of the ask search toolbar

If you scroll down after the "DOWNLOAD YAC" there is the full explanation on how to do it without downloading anything but I guess you didn't see it. So I made you a short and un-accurate tutorial myself.

Depending on what explorer you use , and if you use multiple explorers it's even worse. If you have Internet Explorer you go to "Uninstall/Delete Programs" in control panel , look for "ASK TOOLBAR" , click uninstall. If you have Chrome - go to Settings -> Extensions , click the little trash can next to "ASK TOOLBAR" , if you use Firefox , go to Utilities -> Plug-Ins -> Click "Extensions" , click "Delete" on "ASK TOOLBAR" - restart Firefox (this is in old Firefox , but all these can be found in Plug-Ins menu , it maybe located somewhere else than "Utilities". In Opera you do the same as Chrome (if you have the newest version , which I assume you do).

Once all that is done , go to your Settings in your browser and set "Default Home Page" to whatever you want. (I won't explain in every browser how to do it because I am tired).

One awesome program that is never infected is - you can use it to uninstall stuff , fix registry , and clean browsers.

Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
Re: help to get rid of the ask search toolbar

What about: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > find Ask Toolbar and uninstall?

Back