Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help for my MSI GT70 Dominator

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Whenever I play games with my laptop without a charger plug in, it doesn't have a smooth frame rate and the settings remains so low. Like for example the brightness doesn't go to its highest maximum brightness.

But with a charger plug the entire settings of the laptop and games that I play is at its peak of quality.

Would it possible to run my laptop without a charger plug in and still performing at its highest quality?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can't you go into power saving settings and set it to Performance all the time? Albeit it will kill the battery in like 15 minutes...

Reaction score
Most laptop batteries provide less than half the power of the AC adapter. MSI GE60 uses 120W AC, battery is 50W. Asus G73 has a 150W AC adapter, 75W battery. They cannot sustain both the CPU & GPU at full power simultaneously. Most dedicated GPU's require between 30-50W at full load, most CPU's need between 15-30W. Plus you'll need at least 10-20W to run everything else.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No. The battery physically cannot supply enough power to run your components at full power. On battery, everything is gimped. Regardless of what you do with the settings.

Would my laptop's battery get ruined if I charged it with a battery all the time?

Even if I'm playing or using my laptop on a cold room.

Reaction score
There is no way to keep your battery at 100%. If you leave it in it will deteriorate, if you take it out it will deteriorate. Heck, most batteries have already deteriorated down to 96-98% by the time they even leave the warehouse.The best practice is once a week/fortnight to fully DRAIN your battery, then fully recharge it again.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I pulled my battery from my laptop and just kept it plugged in all the time...it will work and run at full performance.

Reaction score
Yeh but when you do eventually plug your battery in, it won't be able to hold as much charge as it did when you took it out.

HWMonitor is a good tool to check wear levels, here's a pic of mine -

HeavenlyGifted - Need help for my MSI GT70 Dominator - RaGEZONE Forums

As you can see the designed battery charge & full capacity charge are not the same. The more wear you have, the lower that full charge capacity will go. I've been watching mine since the day i got my laptop almost 12 months ago, it started at 1% wear when i got it and has degraded at a rate of 1% per 3 months.

You can also use HWMonitor to check those voltages i was talking about. At full load check the voltages your components are using, and then do the same on battery. You will see a significant decrease.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeh but when you do eventually plug your battery in, it won't be able to hold as much charge as it did when you took it out.

HWMonitor is a good tool to check wear levels, here's a pic of mine -

HeavenlyGifted - Need help for my MSI GT70 Dominator - RaGEZONE Forums

As you can see the designed battery charge & full capacity charge are not the same. The more wear you have, the lower that full charge capacity will go. I've been watching mine since the day i got my laptop almost 12 months ago, it started at 1% wear when i got it and has degraded at a rate of 1% per 3 months.

You can also use HWMonitor to check those voltages i was talking about. At full load check the voltages your components are using, and then do the same on battery. You will see a significant decrease.

Dang, my batteries wear level is at 45%. Probably because I have had the laptop for 6yrs+. No wonder my laptop was sayings I should consider replacing the battery.

Back