Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

HP ProLiant ML110 Installation issues

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have IT-Server knowledge but I guess its worth a try.

So I bought a ProLiant ML110 G6 and tried to install windows server 2008. At the step where you can choose which drive to use for install it gives me the error that there is a missing CD/DVD Driver that needs to be supplied. Okay I searched for the disk (Which is in my case the EasySetup CD) and found this:

I performed all steps but had no luck. The drive is only displaying if I check: Hide drivers which are not compatible to installed hardware.

Then I tried booting from the EasySetup disc as described in here:

Again. No luck. It's stuck here:

I don't have any Ideas now..

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
The problem is all the ProLiant servers require special EasySetup boot discs for the RAID Controller. Without this CD, the windows server installation just prints: Missing CD/DVD Driver. But this CD wasn't working for me. Now it is but still have the problem of getting an error at 99% of the installation.

I hope it would be so simple by just putting in an windows server 2008 Server CD and installing it :p.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Yep. But it's not a problem in bios unfortunately...

EDIT:

Hmm. WIM seems like Windows Installation Manager (install.wim). Maybe the windows CD is broken. Just trying to reburn it and installing it again.

--------------

Omg. Finally. Apparently msdn downloaded the ISO to 2GB and then aborted. And dumb as I am burned the broken ISO... Reburned the Windows CD and now the installation went through '-.-...

Still don't know why the Easy Setup CD didn't worked at the beginning. But doesn't matter. It works now. Thanks for the help MentaL <3 really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Whenever you burn OS ISO's it's always best to not be in a hurry and burn at the lowest speed possible....those things are really finicky...

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Was the installation program downloading it itself or you were downloading with browser?

Reaction score
I'll have to look after the holiday if you still have issues. I own an HP ProLiant ML110 G7 and had the same issue originally.
1st part CD/DVD bios settings
2nd part drivers that I had to call HP repeatedly to get them to send links via email. (the files are not readily available on their site) -- definitely not without support aka just purchasing with limited support or purchasing a plan.
*edit* you'll also need to get the NIC drivers when you call in if you end up with issues regarding compatibility.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well its been fixed...but I was just curious because there was a problem with Windows only downloading files up to 2 gb then stopping...it was a while ago and can't remember exactly what the fix was....

Reaction score
@DNC
Nice that you try to help :), but I already "fixed" / found the problem :). Also you don't need the HP drivers ;). The Easy Setup CD has everything you need. Just for the people that are curious:

1. Burn Windows CD & Easy Setup CD (If you don't have one)
2. Insert Easy Setup CD let the thing run through (Select drive etc.)
3. Insert Windows CD
4. Reboot to Windows Setup
5. Go through the Windows Setup
6. Enjoy, everything is working ;)

Monolith
I think it was a problem with chrome. I installed chrono right after the ISO failed to download after 2G, with chrono I had no problems :)

Back