Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

IP Address Problem

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, on my own computer I wish to start up a server to host my website on my IP address, although my router is interfering, I'm wondering if there is a way to change from a internal IPv4 to a external IPv4. If you need access to my computer, please feel free to PM me here, and I'll hit you with with my Skype. I really wish to host my website on my IP address, although my IPv4 is internal.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
DMZ your computer in the router settings....(easy route but not safe)

Port forward (harder and safer)

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
You have two IP addresses mate; internal (behind the router/inside your home) and external (the internet). You wouldn't be able to use the internet if you didn't have an external IP. You can check it using and if you do ipconfig in command prompt on your PC it'll show your internal IP address as a 192.168.x.x address.

Portforwarding is the best method, unless you have a totally separate machine for your website that you can expose to the internet in a DMZ. Portforwarding varies by router so that list all different router models and how to portforward on them might be of use. Never do something that is beyond your technical skill level so do your research to avoid ruining your router!

edit: when portforwarding on your router it will ask for the INTERNAL IP of the machine that will be portforwarded. So use the 192.168.x.x address.

Back