Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ip board username

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have been trying to put a sparkle user name display and group thingy. i have looked all over but i cant find a tut for Ip board, anyone want to help out?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice try but thats for Xenforo...not IPB.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Admin CP -> Members -> Member Groups -> (Whatever group you want to add it to) -> Group Formatting Prefix

Add something like this
<span style='background: url(linktothesparkle.gif);'>

And you should have it.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Admin CP -> Members -> Member Groups -> (Whatever group you want to add it to) -> Group Formatting Prefix

Add something like this
<span style='background: url(linktothesparkle.gif);'>

And you should have it.

Does not work ;/

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Does not work ;/
Apparently that works only for the group titles, so the name of that group would have the sparkly name.
However, I took some time to modify the templates to do this and here's how I did it.

Go to Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates and select IP.Board from the list.

Open up the Topic View dropdown and select post.

Find this
Code:
			<if test="postMid:|:$post['author']['member_id']">
				<h3 class='row2'>
			<else />
and change it to this (NOTE! You should also change the 4 to be the ID of the group you want to have this specific sparkle. The ID's of each group are listed in the member groups page)
Code:
			<if test="postMid:|:$post['author']['member_id']">
				<h3 class='row2<if test="ipsMember::isInGroup($this->memberData, 4)"> admin</if>'>
			<else />
Save it and then go to CSS and open ipb_style.css and add this somewhere in the code, I placed it above html just to try it out.

Code:
.admin > .author > a { background: url(linktosparkle.gif); }

Tested and it works.

I believe you'll be able to figure how to add this for multiple groups if you want to do so.

Last edited:
Back