Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is it possible?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I usually use the computers from public cafes and I was wondering why they have a decent connection and when I play games its actually okay but browsing is so slow.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Proxi?
A proxy server may run right on the user's local computer, or at various points between the user's computer and destination servers on the Internet.

• A proxy server that passes requests and responses unmodified is usually called a or sometimes a tunneling proxy.
  • A forward proxy is an Internet-facing proxy used to retrieve from a wide range of sources (in most cases anywhere on the Internet).
  • A is usually an Internet-facing proxy used as a front-end to control and protect access to a server on a private network, commonly also performing tasks such as load-balancing, authentication, decryption or caching.

this often slows down the webpage browsing buy alot if setup wrong or just not on a high speed computer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I usually use the computers from public cafes and I was wondering why they have a decent connection and when I play games its actually okay but browsing is so slow.

Internet in internet cafe's are shared throughout all the PC's. Browsing can be a problem becuase of the speed of the PC too , also games do not require high speed internet. Remember , shooters like counter strike worked back when there was only 56kbps internet too.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Proxi?
A proxy server may run right on the user's local computer, or at various points between the user's computer and destination servers on the Internet.

• A proxy server that passes requests and responses unmodified is usually called a or sometimes a tunneling proxy.
  • A forward proxy is an Internet-facing proxy used to retrieve from a wide range of sources (in most cases anywhere on the Internet).
  • A is usually an Internet-facing proxy used as a front-end to control and protect access to a server on a private network, commonly also performing tasks such as load-balancing, authentication, decryption or caching.

this often slows down the webpage browsing buy alot if setup wrong or just not on a high speed computer.

Could I hasten the speed of my browsing without them knowing?

Internet in internet cafe's are shared throughout all the PC's. Browsing can be a problem becuase of the speed of the PC too , also games do not require high speed internet. Remember , shooters like counter strike worked back when there was only 56kbps internet too.

Actually by games I meant games that are online. Maybe like Dota 2 & Counter Strike Global Offensive that really requires a decent Internet Connection. And both of these games, I have a good amount of pings but when it comes to browsing it really is so slow like really slow. I'm even forced to switch to 240p or 188p in Youtube just to load a video.

Reaction score
The browsers most likely go through a proxy server, the connection itself would be decent but the proxy slows it down. Whether or not you can bypass it purely depends on their access control setup.

You should be going to them with these questions, not us.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Could I hasten the speed of my browsing without them knowing?

Actually by games I meant games that are online. Maybe like Dota 2 & Counter Strike Global Offensive that really requires a decent Internet Connection. And both of these games, I have a good amount of pings but when it comes to browsing it really is so slow like really slow. I'm even forced to switch to 240p or 188p in Youtube just to load a video.
I'd try their solutions first, but are you using Internet Explorer? If you are, that's probably your problem. Try downloading Google Chrome if you're allowed, if that is the case of course. Even with a proxy, Internet Explorer is slow no matter what especially with toolbars and add-ons.

Back