Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Latency Spike (Ping Spike)

Reaction score
Hey, my gf and I use wifi in my room, when we go onto steam and play MM/ESEA/FACEIT CSGO our latency sits avg (50-65MS) however every so often we get a random 160-200ms+ spike and because it happens so often it makes the game pretty impossible to play.

Some info, This issue only happens when we both play csgo at the same time, I don't have an issue when I solo, however she sometimes does when she solos, (could be an issue with her pc), I've done some research and that's what I've found, however I don't fully understand the issue, but I've tried WLan optimizer and the commands on this reddit post and no fix, so if anyone with my knowledge could assist me with some tips that'd be great

Cheers Kurt.

Reaction score
Hey, my gf and I use wifi in my room, when we go onto steam and play MM/ESEA/FACEIT CSGO our latency sits avg (50-65MS) however every so often we get a random 160-200ms+ spike and because it happens so often it makes the game pretty impossible to play.

Some info, This issue only happens when we both play csgo at the same time, I don't have an issue when I solo, however she sometimes does when she solos, (could be an issue with her pc), I've done some research and that's what I've found, however I don't fully understand the issue, but I've tried WLan optimizer and the commands on this reddit post and no fix, so if anyone with my knowledge could assist me with some tips that'd be great

Cheers Kurt.

On Windows 10 turn off Location and set update sharing to local pc's only or off.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Whenever I experience the exact same thing as you do, I usually just reset my router and then do that process which you linked on the CSGO reddit.

And I'll be getting a consistent amount of pings/traces 94ms...

And as for an addition, I usually turn my Phones WIFI and other devices connected to the wifi, so that the frequency is stable.

Back