Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Looking for wireless headset

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've had Steelseries Siberia 800 headset for almost 2 years now. It has broken twice, but luckily I've gotten a new one from warranty. Now I've decided that it's time to get a new one, since these are just cheaply made as they wont last full year without breaking.

I plan to use them mainly for gaming, like Overwatch and CS:GO. My budget is around ~200€. The headsets frame should preferably be something durable, i.e. not plastic.

Any suggestions?

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I've had Steelseries Siberia 800 headset for almost 2 years now. It has broken twice, but luckily I've gotten a new one from warranty. Now I've decided that it's time to get a new one, since these are just cheaply made as they wont last full year without breaking.

I plan to use them mainly for gaming, like Overwatch and CS:GO. My budget is around ~200€. The headsets frame should preferably be something durable, i.e. not plastic.

Any suggestions?

Why would you wanna go wireless when you'll use it for gaming though, I'dd say go to wired then.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Why would you wanna go wireless when you'll use it for gaming though, I'dd say go to wired then.
I like being able to talk with friends in VOIP even if I walk away from the computer. Obviously I'll listen to music and etc with them too, so that's why I'd like them to be wireless. I'm not completely taking wired headset out of question here. Feel free to recommend if you've got anything in mind.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I like being able to talk with friends in VOIP even if I walk away from the computer. Obviously I'll listen to music and etc with them too, so that's why I'd like them to be wireless. I'm not completely taking wired headset out of question here. Feel free to recommend if you've got anything in mind.

Well I got 2 headsets, one for pure gaming cs:go and stuff so mainly desktop wise and one wireless for listening to music and coding (its a light one so it doesn't hurt my ears)

I think both of them are around the 80-100$ price range so for your budget you most likely would take the version above it :)

Wired: Razer Kraken USB
Really nice sound and microphone quality as far I know, I like it when i play cs:go and functions fine for the needs that I have.

However, compared to the wireless one I have, this really sits tight but I assume for a gaming headset it has to be that way.

Wireless: I'm not completely sure if its this one that i have but it looks the same - Philips SHB7150

wireless by bluetooth, a pleasure to wear during the day, not heavy at all.
This is my daily driver when i'm at home.

Reaction score
Bluetooth headsets have a latency, a pretty big one too, around 300-400 miliseconds, so they are really not ideal for anything else but music listening on your phone. But that also depends on the brand, both of your phone and headset.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Bluetooth headsets have a latency, a pretty big one too, around 300-400 miliseconds, so they are really not ideal for anything else but music listening on your phone. But that also depends on the brand, both of your phone and headset.
The Steelseries Siberia 800 I was using before worked just fine audio wise. They just break easily and that's the problem. Never had any latency issues with them. Though, I think I've made the decision to go with wired this time. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro and Blue Microphones Snowball iCE microphone.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The Steelseries Siberia 800 I was using before worked just fine audio wise. They just break easily and that's the problem. Never had any latency issues with them. Though, I think I've made the decision to go with wired this time. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro and Blue Microphones Snowball iCE microphone.
I own a Snowball, excellent mic for the price.

Back